Fórumok

Web Content Translation

H N, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Web Content Translation

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.11.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

I am following the steps in the user guide (http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/lp-6-1-ugen12-page-templates-0) and am unsuccessful in my attempts. When I reach the step where I can select a translation, the text remains in English.

"After you click Add Translation, you can select a language by scrolling through the list or by entering the language you want to use in the search box. When you select a language, a lightbox opens within your browser window enabling you to easily compare the original with the new translation. Once you are done with the translation, click Save and the translation is added to the list of Available Translations."

I've attached a small screencap.
thumbnail
Michael Saechang, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Web Content Translation

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 576 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.11.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi HN,

This option does not translate the article for you. This option allows you to enter the translation of the article so when a user uses that localization language that article will display the translation you entered.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
You can use the Translator portlet to translate the content. Be warned that it'll only be a machine translation.
thumbnail
YOSHIAKI HOSHIYA, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.04.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hitoshi Ozawa:
You can use the Translator portlet to translate the content. Be warned that it'll only be a machine translation.

Ozawa-san,

Although this is an old thread , I also do the automated translation of web contents.
I added the translator portlet , but I think the function is just translation of only the text in the box , not all web contents.
Is my understanding is correct? I joined just today , so If I am not correct please tell that.

Regards,

-Yoshiaki Hoshiya

Mellékletek:

thumbnail
Francis Franco Freich, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.05.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
User input content (ones you put in text areas, fields, etc) can only be actively translated by the translation portlet. All other content like the site, portlet texts, etc. are translated by localization that are supported by the portal and the portlets themselves (does this make sense? sorry). You are correct that not all page can be translated automatically by the translation portlet because it is used like Google Translate.

I hope this makes sense...
thumbnail
YOSHIAKI HOSHIYA, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.04.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Dear Francis,

Thank you. I understand the detail.

-Yoshiaki Hoshiya