Fórumok

How to change Liferay's culture in code

Lior Hadaya, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

How to change Liferay's culture in code

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 138 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

I'm using Liferay EE 6.1.20 and I need to support a flow of changing the culture/language by the user.
How can I switch Liferay's culture in code?

I found the LocaleUtil class but I'm not sure if it would help, hard to understand what each method there actually does.

Please advise,

Thanks

RE: How to change Liferay's culture in code

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 138 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I figured out how to do it.
#set ($language_url = $portletURLFactory.create($request, "82", $themeDisplay.getPlid(), "ACTION_PHASE")) 
$language_url.setWindowState("normal") 
$language_url.setPortletMode("view") 
$language_url.setParameter("struts_action", "/language/view") 
$language_url.setParameter("languageId", "fr_FR")

and then $language_url contains a URL that redirecting to it changes the portal's locale to French.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
You meant "country" instead of "culture". I think your question stunned a lot of people because of it. emoticon

Nice to see that you've figured it out yourself.
thumbnail
James Falkner, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1399 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hitoshi Ozawa:
You meant "country" instead of "culture". I think your question stunned a lot of people because of it. emoticon

emoticon
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 978 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
unique keyword culture is

(yoda grammer)

Change country? that's even wierder emoticon
Language codes are also called cultrue codes
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Looking at the MS docs, it seems "culture code" is used to determine more than just the language used.

The CultureInfo class provides culture-specific information, such as the language, sublanguage, country/region, calendar, and conventions associated with a particular culture.

In Java, Locale is "language" and "country".
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/Locale.html

Another user was posting about changing calendar (e.g. Hijri). I've also asked liferay.com to change "conventions associated with a particular culture". It's currently not supported by liferay so I had to make my own additions.

That said, Liferay doesn't support "culture codes".