Fórumok

RE: liferay IDE / liferay portal

Nayrouz NZ, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

liferay IDE / liferay portal

New Member Bejegyzések: 22 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.12.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
hi, a question : what is the difference between using liferay CE X.X (exp liferay 6.1) + eclipse and liferay IDE + eclipse ?? (point of view of development)

I know that liferay IDE is a plugin for eclipse and as I know we can use both of liferay CE X.X or liferay IDE with eclipse.
I need your explanation plz.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1123 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Liferay CE v6.1 is the portal server, which is a tomcat java ee application that runs standalone. Eclipse is your java IDE. So you use Eclipse to develop new Liferay plugins (Eclipse web projects that output a war) that are deployed to the running instance of the tomcat server running Liferay. Liferay IDE is a set of Eclipse plugins that support Liferay plugin developers with their tasks related to liferay development. Hope this makes things more clear.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I know that liferay IDE is a plugin for eclipse and as I know we can use both of liferay CE X.X or liferay IDE with eclipse.

Just wondering where you got the information you can use liferay CE X.X with eclipse to develop liferay portlets. What's true is you can use Liferay IDE (which is a eclipse plugin to assist develop liferay plugin) and liferay IDE adds capablities to start/stop liferay CE X.X and deploy plugins from eclipse.

hi thank u all.
now what I got is that: Liferay CE is the platform and I can use Liferay IDE + Eclipse (which is not obligatory) to support development for the platform.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Liferay is a framework with which one can build web systems. One can use Liferay IDE + Eclipse to assist develop plugins based on the framework and to customize the framework itself.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1123 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Nayrouz NZ:
hi thank u all.
now what I got is that: Liferay CE is the platform and I can use Liferay IDE + Eclipse (which is not obligatory) to support development for the platform.

Exactly right.

thank u so much for ur help !