Fórumok

Journal permissions

Thomas Kellerer, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Journal permissions

Expert Bejegyzések: 490 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.06.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

I have a problem with the proper setup of permissions for a "Content Creator" role.

I want regular content creators to be able to add and modify articles, but the approval would be done by the community administrator.

This is easy for adding articles, but seems to be impossible for updating articles.

If I grant the permission to "Update Article" the user can modify an already approved article without the need for re-approval.

Is there a way to force a new version upon save?
The "voluntary" option to create a new version can honestly be the only way to do this.

So how do I create a user that may edit an article but that change must be approved before the new version is visible to the end-user?

Regards
Thomas

RE: Journal permissions

It's even worse than I thought.

When a user only has the "Add Article" permission he can't even edit his own articles even if they are not approved.

I must be missing something very obvious here. This can't be right.
thumbnail
Amos Fong, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2047 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
When a user only has the "Add Article" permission he can't even edit his own articles even if they are not approved.

If you're on 5.1.2, then yea that it is a bug. But it has been fixed already in the newest version.

See http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-651

Not sure about your first question though
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2047 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Oh for your first question you can set this property in your portal-ext.properties.

journal.article.force.increment.version=true

Amos Fong:
If you're on 5.1.2, then yea that it is a bug. But it has been fixed already in the newest version.

But 5.2 is not yet available, right?

Oh for your first question you can set this property in your portal-ext.properties.

journal.article.force.increment.version=true

Thanks, that's working fine and a good workaround for the above bug, as the new version will then not be approved.

Amos Fong:
But it has been fixed already in the newest version.

OK, I got 5.2 finally to run

But it is not working either.

My setup is as follows

I created a community Role called "Content Creator". I have assigned the following permissions to that role:

Web Content                             View
Web Content     Web Content             View
Web Content     Web Content Management  Add Content
Web Content     Web Content Structure   View
Web Content     Web Content Template    View

Then I have created a user "creator", assigned that user to the Guest community and assigned him the "Content Creator" role in the Guest community.

When I log into the system using the "creator" account, the Control Panel does not list any menu item for Web Content and as the old "Journal Portlet" is gone, I don't have any way to allow that user to add a new article - pardon Web Content.

What am I missing here?

Edit: even if I add all permissions of the Web Content portlet to the community role, the user still can see the Web Content entry in the Control Panel

Thomas
thumbnail

hm....strange. In control panel, do you see the headers in the left column? Just to be sure, there should be one called content and there's a +/- sign. Make sure it's expanded.

If it is, do you see other lists under there like Document library?

No nothing shows up.

I just added a reply to the blog entry that describes the new Control Panel, and Jorge's answer is more or less, that they forgot to add the support for non-Administrators and that it's not possible to put the Journal Portlet into the Control Panel without hacking the Liferay source (using the dreaded ext environment)

http://www.liferay.com/web/jferrer/blog/-/blogs/1791601

Thomas

I just noticed another very annoying bug.

When I enable the staging mode I can edit journal articles (Web Content) in the "Live Pages" and the "Staging Pages" which leads to very strange results when the versions of the articles differ between the two environments.

Is there any way I can make sure that when I enable the staging environment articles can only be edited in the staging environment and not on the live pages?

Thomas
thumbnail

It seems to be working for me...

1. I created a user
2. Assigned him as member to guest community.

After that he is able to see web content in control panel but has no ability add content.

3. With admin i went to web content(control panel), clicked permissions and gave community members ability to add content and then he was able to add content.

But that sounds like what you did too...not sure what's different
thumbnail

Ah it worked because my new users are assigned the power user role...even though that role has no permissions assigned to it..

I could live with the "Power User" solution though.

It seems some of my problems are related to the fact that I'm not using a default installation.

I ran the 5.2 bundle against an empty Postgres database, but it seems the initial bootstrap does not install the system properly.

When run a "vanilla" installation using the embedded sample website for 7cog (HSQLDB based) then some of the dialogs look completely different. When I "Define permissions" for a role it looks totally different.

I have attached two screenshots.

pg_empty_install.png shows the editing of a role with my empy installation on Postgres
sevencog_install.png shows the editing of a role with the default sevencog sample.

Why are the two so different. Is it possible that the installation into an empty (PG) database simply does an incorrect setup?
thumbnail

The first screenshot looks like a community(type) role and the second a regular role. Regular roles are scoped across the entire portal whereas community roles are limited to that community.
thumbnail
Michael Saechang, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Thread Splitted

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 576 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.11.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thread Split because it was off topic.

Split Thead - Staging Question

-mike