Fórumok

Custom login from sdk plugin portlet

Dhruv Pal, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Custom login from sdk plugin portlet

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 82 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.01.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi all,

Please guide me as I want to custom login portlet (as i want to implement my own login portlet) but in back end i want liferay to do authentication task and after authentication redirect me to a particular page.
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Custom login from sdk plugin portlet

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 803 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.03.10. Legújabb bejegyzések
Why do you want to create own seprate plugin ? Is there any specific reason ?
If you want to make little bit logic and GUI changes then you can extend existing portlet itself.
So what kind of modification you wan to do here ? please put details which might help to get more elaboration.

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 82 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.01.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi

Thanks for reply

I am creating login portlet in which i have already created login page i need that when user logins with username and password liferay authenticates that user itself means, i need that liferay performs all authentication back end processes but i should be able to use my custom login look up and after login they redirect to a particular page..

I came to know that LoginUtil has some methods that can solve my purpose ,but i am not able to extend or use that class.And i am new to liferay i don't know how to use ext environment,basically i dont want to use ext environment as i am new to this.

So please help me in this..
Kinshuk Gupta, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.01.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Are you creating the users in the Liferay _user table or you are maintaining them in a different Db ?

Basically i want liferay to do all back end work so i am using Liferay _user table

Dhruv Pal:
Basically i want liferay to do all back end work so i am using Liferay _user table

I had a similar scenario. I created a login hook for overriding the login.jsp of the Liferay login portlet. I changed the look and feel of it and included the original login.jsp by doing this -

<liferay-util:buffer var="html">
    <liferay-util:include page="/html/portlet/login/login.portal.jsp" />
</liferay-util:buffer>
 &lt;%=html %&gt;

Note : the name of the login.jsp changes to login.portal.jsp if overriding it,

This way I got Liferay authentication mechanism to work on my custom login page. Hope, this helps you .

-cheers

Thanks ..

I tries this one but here the problem is when i click sign in following url

http://localhost:8080/web/guest/what-we-do?p_p_id=58&amp;p_p_lifecycle=0&amp;p_p_state=maximized&amp;p_p_mode=view&amp;saveLastPath=0&amp;_58_struts_action=%2Flogin%2Flogin

appeares. No doubt it redirects em to proper sign in page,but cant url be short like

http://localhost:8080/login..

something like that

Dhruv Pal:
Thanks ..

I tries this one but here the problem is when i click sign in following url

http://localhost:8080/web/guest/what-we-do?p_p_id=58&amp;p_p_lifecycle=0&amp;p_p_state=maximized&amp;p_p_mode=view&amp;saveLastPath=0&amp;_58_struts_action=%2Flogin%2Flogin

appeares. No doubt it redirects em to proper sign in page,but cant url be short like

http://localhost:8080/login..

something like that

For that you'll have to look into setting Friendly URL topic.

Thanks

But as i am already using hook to override default login view.jsp so please tell me how to achieve this ..

please let me know if there is any way around..?
thumbnail
Jitendra Rajput, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 875 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.01.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
As suggested by jignesh .. if there is any GUI changes or same extension to existing login portlet then you can achieve this by creating hook or ext.
It wont be that easy to replicate login portlet because login portlet uses some classes of portal-impl (e.g LoginUtil) that you can can nt access from your portlet plugin.