Fórumok

What version of JasperSoft iReport Designer works with portlet

thumbnail
Glenn Buckholtz, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

What version of JasperSoft iReport Designer works with portlet

New Member Bejegyzések: 3 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.04.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
I am trying to put a report that I have generated with iReport Designer 4.7 and 5.0 with no success.
Whenever the job runs I get the following error:

19:29:00,103 ERROR [Digester:1635] Parse Error at line 2 column 483: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'uuid' is not allowed to appear in element 'jasperReport'.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'uuid' is not allowed to appear in element 'jasperReport'.

This report runs just fine in iReport just not in Liferay.

Suggestions?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: What version of JasperSoft iReport Designer works with portlet

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
I haven't used Liferay.com's Reporting portlet but from the error message, it seems you have uuid in your JasperReport file that is in conflict with Liferay's portlet variable.
Try changing it to something else.
thumbnail
Glenn Buckholtz, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

I have tried several different reports and I get the same uuid error.

I am thinking that it has to do with the jaspersoft engine. It may be very old and doesn't understand the xml generated by the newer iReport Designers. I am using the latest release EE build from the market place for Jaspersoft Reports and Reports EE.

Isn't there anything from Liferay that documents what iReports Designer is compatible with Jasper Reports EE ?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 7942 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
You'll have to contact Liferay.com about it instead of the community. I don't think they offer anything more than what's available online in the Documentation but I'm not sure.

I'm using liferay's framework but found that most of the users are unhappy with their portlets so we've developed our own.

There's also Aperte Reports portlet which seems to be better and slightly better documented.

http://code.google.com/p/aperte-reports/
thumbnail
Cody Hoag, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 70 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.04.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
The 4.5.1 iReport-Designer is the most up to date version that does not insert the uuid into the jasperReport element. The reports created by the 4.5.1 version work great with no errors in the Liferay Reports app.
thumbnail
Richard SINELLE, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 28 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.04.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
You need to use ireport désigner corresponding to the version embedded of jasper library in the jasperweb report portlet.
But if you need a specific version of jasper you can upgrade the jasper report library version in jasperwebreport portlet.
I did it for a project ans it´s word perfectly

Richard
Wessel Oosthuizen, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 25 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.08.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
In iReport you can set the compatibility level by going to "Tools" then "Options" and then the "Compatibility" tab. Change it to "JasperReports4.5.0". Now every time you save a report it will not add the "uuid" attribute anywhere...
thumbnail
Glenn Buckholtz, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

I had a look on my iReport 5.0.1 for OS/X and I can't find a compatibility tab anywhere. Were you referring to a windows version? What version of iReport are you using?
thumbnail
James Falkner, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1399 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Glenn Buckholtz:
I had a look on my iReport 5.0.1 for OS/X and I can't find a compatibility tab anywhere. Were you referring to a windows version? What version of iReport are you using?

Check out this screenshot (I recently ran into this too and setting compatibility to 4.0.2 solved it).

Preferences->General->Compatibility

BTW, I also used the tool to create a template, which included some images (like "coffee.jpg") which are nowhere to be found when used in Liferay to generate reports, and I had no idea where to put the images.. So I deleted the images from the template.
Wessel Oosthuizen, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 25 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.08.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Glenn Buckholtz:

I'm using iReport 5.1 for windows. The screenshot from James looks the same in my version. JasperReports 4.5 works as well for compatibility.

I use Aperte Reports though, which had the same issue, as it's actually a problem with JasperReports...
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1399 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Wessel Oosthuizen:
Glenn Buckholtz:

I'm using iReport 5.1 for windows. The screenshot from James looks the same in my version. JasperReports 4.5 works as well for compatibility.

I use Aperte Reports though, which had the same issue, as it's actually a problem with JasperReports...

I believe it's because we bundle in an old version of the JasperReports engine with the JasperReports EE plugin. The actual version bundled as of now is 4.0.2. I'll file a ticket to get this looked at for a potential upgrade, but for now it's 4.0.2, which is why I chose the 4.0.2 compatibility level, but if 4.5 also works, then that's cool. Must be in version after 4.5 that the uuid stuff was included.
thumbnail

James Falkner:
Wessel Oosthuizen:
Glenn Buckholtz:

I believe it's because we bundle in an old version of the JasperReports engine with the JasperReports EE plugin. The actual version bundled as of now is 4.0.2. I'll file a ticket to get this looked at for a potential upgrade, but for now it's 4.0.2, which is why I chose the 4.0.2 compatibility level, but if 4.5 also works, then that's cool. Must be in version after 4.5 that the uuid stuff was included.

Ok, seems Hai already filed LPS-34591. So I would highly recommend all of you interested in seeing this upgrade to 'Vote' for the ticket by signing into JIRA and clicking "Vote" emoticon
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 978 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
I've been using jasperreports for BI for over 10 years including in Liferay ; I have always just picked a jasperreports and cooresponding ireport version and ran with it - updating jasperreports*.jar in portlet lib as needed (in liferay lining up with ROOT/WEB-INF/lib *.jar version also)

but in context of this issue, perhaps I am missing something fundamental here wrt whatever it is the JasperReports EE plugin does...