Fórumok

Save user detail in custom table

thumbnail
Tejas Patel, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Save user detail in custom table

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 71 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello everyone,

I have developed the liferay ext project to extend user management.
In that I place one link under "users.form.update.identification" called "Information" on click of that link it opens the jsp page which I have created, now I want that user fill that details of the jsp page and after clicking save button it save the data in my custom table which I have generated through the service builder.
And it will reappear when user come back to this page.

Is there any way to do this?
thumbnail
Juhi Kumari, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: Save user detail in custom table

Expert Bejegyzések: 347 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.12.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Tejas,

You can customize EditUserAction class and using that class you can sent data to your custom table. Call your API here only.
Whenever you change anything in User portlet it then using EditUserAction class only you can save your changes.

Regards
Juhi
thumbnail
Tejas Patel, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 71 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Juhi Kumari:
Hi Tejas,

You can customize EditUserAction class and using that class you can sent data to your custom table. Call your API here only.
Whenever you change anything in User portlet it then using EditUserAction class only you can save your changes.

Regards
Juhi

Thanks juhi,
I am new to liferay so can you please give some more detailed steps to do that.
like where to write class and what to extend in that class and what steps require for it?
thumbnail
Juhi Kumari, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 347 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.12.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Tejas,

No need to write new class, you will get it in com.liferay.portlet.enterpriseadmin.action.EditUserAction in Liferay portal source.
Create a ext environment and take EditUserAction file from portal source. Follow the same directory structure as it is in source.
Then make the change according to your requirement and deploy.

Regards
Juhi
thumbnail
Gnaniyar Zubair, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 722 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.12.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Tejas,

In Addition to Juhi Kumari's reply, You can achieve this from Hook without affecting the existing portal source.

You can use Model Listener or event hook (LoginPostAction) for this.

- Gnaniyar Zubair