Fórumok

landing to different communities based on their user-groups

thumbnail
ponraj s, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

landing to different communities based on their user-groups

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 33 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
My requirement is that i have a life ray portal which has two types of user creation process 1.manual creation by the admin 2.users can create via create account .i want to land the users to different landing pages based on the user-groups .user creation process1 belongs to one group and process2 belongs to another group.how to achieve it.process1 is working fine by setting the default landing path but i want to land the users who are created by process2 to a different landing page .

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
S.Ponraj.
thumbnail
Apoorva Prakash, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

RE: landing to different communities based on their user-groups

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 658 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.06.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
ponraj s:
My requirement is that i have a life ray portal which has two types of user creation process 1.manual creation by the admin 2.users can create via create account .i want to land the users to different landing pages based on the user-groups .user creation process1 belongs to one group and process2 belongs to another group.how to achieve it.process1 is working fine by setting the default landing path but i want to land the users who are created by process2 to a different landing page .

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
S.Ponraj.

Hi Ponraj,

You have to implement custom ServicePreAction, form where you can check user with specific use case and redirect them accordingly.

Check this blog post for implementation.

Hope this will help.

Thanks and Regards,
Apoorva Prakash
thumbnail
ponraj s, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 33 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks Apoorva Prakash. i will check out the blog and work on it .

Regards,
S.Ponraj.
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
Just another way of implementing custom landing page, based on custom properties of organisation or user: MyPlaces Landing Page Hook.

You do not have to use it, it may just bring another idea to you.

The issue is not how to implement the hook, it is all about where and how to define/administer the custom landing page. In the above mentioned hook you use Organisation's properties to define whether this organisation is the primary target for landing.

Or you can use Custom Fields of an organisation.

In some intranet/extranet cases we allow users to select their own landing page. What we have there is a little portlet sitting as part of the theme which is telling the user "select me as your landing page". Once user clicks on this link, current place id will be written to user's Custom Field called for example 'my_landing_page'.
This field will be used by the hook next time when user logs in.

There are (million + 1) options available for you with Liferay.
thumbnail
mohammad azaruddin, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 492 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.09.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi

I think ur looking for this

Regards
azhar