Fórumok

How do I delete a portal instance using liferay-portal-5.2.1

Névtelen, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

How do I delete a portal instance using liferay-portal-5.2.1

Bejegyzés: 1
I'm using liferay-portal-5.2.1, and I'm trying to figure out how to configure it.. I cannot find anything about deleting a portal instance..
Is there a way to delete a portal instance with the control panel UI?
Also, is there a way to delete a portal instance without the control panel UI?

Thanks
Stan M, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

RE: How do I delete a portal instance using liferay-portal-5.2.1

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 208 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.01.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
There is none using the GUI that I am aware off. I remember reading a thread a while back that one can delete specific rows from specific tables to remove an instance, but I cannot find it now. If you search this forum, you may have a better luck than me.
Amine Bousta, módosítva 15 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 32 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.08.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello

I remember this post but I think it was not a clean remove.
A clean remove of an instance should delete any related data in database, jackrabbit and lucene index as well.
So I think that the better way to achieve this would be programmatically.
I don't know if a developer is working on this...
thumbnail
Tarun S. Kayasth, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 162 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.06.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,

I just went into some depth of its code and found that while creating an instance Liferay creates a new company.

It updates multiple tables while creating new instance.
first entry you can find in 'Company' table. It creates a new entry for a country instance.
in relation to this companyId it creates default users in user_ table, contacts in contact_, groups in group_, permissions in permission_ and many more.. in short all those tables that has entry related to company are updated.

while creating an instance it calls EditInstanceAction.java and from there it calls addCompany() method
of CompanyServiceUtil.java. in this java file I sould not find any method to remove Company. so may be it is still in progress to remove an existing company (or instance).

Only thing that can be done is manual removal of company from database or do not set up the new instance information in host file.

Thanks,

Tarun Kayasth
[CIGNEX Technologies Pvt. Ltd.]
thumbnail
Vishal Panchal, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 289 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Tarun,

Thanks for the information, but I just wanted to check it whether do we have any way to delete a portal instance from UI/Control panel?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vishal