Fórumok

Integrating Jasper with Liferay EE

Aditi Guha, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Integrating Jasper with Liferay EE

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.07.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

I need to use JasperReports to display reports for my Liferay-based Project.
I have successfully installed JasperServer for this.

Also I have deployed the following on my Liferay Server -
a. jasperreports-web-6.1.20.1-ee-ga2-20120731110418084.war
b. reports-portlet-6.1.20.1-ee-ga2-20120731110418084.war

But I am not able to understand the exact functionality of the jasperreports-web plugin.
Also how do I use the Reports Portlet - Reports Display and Reports Admin???

Please provide me with useful links(if any) explaining my doubt.

Thanks
thumbnail
Tonu Sri, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: Integrating Jasper with Liferay EE

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 197 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.04.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Aditi,

I did not find any blog or wiki on this but I followed these steps which may help you.

In Reports Admin, definition I gave my database settings. and in Reports section I provided myreports.jrxml file.

You can get jrxml file from IReports tool. Once done you can get reports inside Reports Display portlet.

Tonu
Aditi Guha, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.07.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hey Tonu,

Thank you for the information. Now I am able to view my reports on the Report Portlet. But what I dont get is, how can JasperServer be used in this scenario?
Right now, what I am doing is creating templates(jrxml) in Ireport and providing them to the reports portlet's definitions. JasperServer is not used anywhere?
Can I store my jrxmls on the JasperServer and then retrieve those to create my reports on Liferay? If yes, then how?
Harsimrat Sin, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.07.10. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Aditi,

I have similar questions. Can you tell me if you were able to resolve the problem and integrate jasper report server with Jasper reports EE portlets?

Thanks
Harsimrat
thumbnail
imran shaikh, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.04.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Tonu Sri ,

Ref: Blog and Wiki links for Integrating Jasper with Liferay EE

Liferay’s Reports portlet allows administrators to create reports and schedule report generation runs. In order to work, the Reports portlet needs to be combined with an appropriate implementation such as the JasperReports web plugin. You can use Liferay’s Reports portlet to create professional reports containing charts, images, subreports, etc. When a report is generated, data is dynamically pulled from Liferay’s database into a template. Data can be pulled into Jasper reports via JDBC and Jasper reports can be exported to many different file formats including PDF, HTML, XLS, RTF, CSV, or XML. The Reports and JasperReports plugins are available as apps on Liferay Marketplace. You can purchase, download, and install the Reports and JasperReports apps directly from your Liferay instance’s Control Panel interface or you can navigate to http://www.liferay.com/marketplace in your browser, purchase and download the apps, and copy the .lpkg files to your Liferay instance’s /deploy folder.

For more details about Jasper reports EE portlets Please visit below URL

1> https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide/-/ai/generating-reports-in-liferay-liferay-portal-6-2-user-guide-13-en

2> http://www.liferaysavvy.com/2012/11/liferay-jasper-reports-example.html

3> https://www.liferay.com/marketplace/-/mp/application/15100467

4> http://itsliferay.blogspot.in/2013/07/reports-portlet-user-guide.html

Regards
Imran shaikh
Gangadhar jwala, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.07.21. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Imran shaikh ,

Thanks for the links.i followed same link sent by you and i am able to Getting Reports in Admin side.

But here iam working with Knowledge Base portal.so i am creating some articles.
So i have to export that articles in to PDF or some xml,html format .
Can you please help me out how can i export it to articles in to PDF on Knowledge Base using Reports Admin.
Gangadhar jwala, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.07.21. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

Now i configured the Jasper Reports with liferay and i am able to getting the all the Article details of Knowledge Base application in pdf format.

and here i have one dought .here i have created 6 articles in KB and for that i have to get the individual user created Article details with bar chart.
so when i tried here i am getting 6 bar charts with same result. Please find the attached pdf for the reference.

so can any one help me out how can i get only a single bar chart report for all the created Articles.