Fórumok

Chat bar not showing online friens

Marcos Laurito, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Chat bar not showing online friens

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 99 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.04.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm having this problem. The chat bar at the bottom of the page shows no friend online while using "friends" as the strategy to list buddies.
More precisely if i mofidy the "portlet.properties" file located in /usr/liferay/tomcat/webapps/chat-portlet/classes and change the value for "buddy.list.strategy=" from "all" to "friends" then the chat bar shows me no friends online even if there are friends connected. Changing the value back to "all", the contacts appear as online and chat work ok.

I need the "friends" filter to work because i need to limit who chats with who in my portal...

Thanks in advance
thumbnail
Vicki Lea Tsang, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: Chat bar not showing online friens

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 49 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.04.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the report. Please can you give me a little more information about which version of Chat you are using? Additionally, this capability has not yet been implemented to filter for Social Office "connections", but to filter for "friends" as defined by the social-networking-portlet (http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/lp-6-1-ugen08-leveraging-social-portlets-activities-tracking-and-user-con-0). Are you looking to get get this functionality to work with Social Office, or are you having this problem in portal?

Thanks, Vicki

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 99 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.04.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Vicki Lea Tsang:
Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the report. Please can you give me a little more information about which version of Chat you are using? Additionally, this capability has not yet been implemented to filter for Social Office "connections", but to filter for "friends" as defined by the social-networking-portlet (http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/lp-6-1-ugen08-leveraging-social-portlets-activities-tracking-and-user-con-0). Are you looking to get get this functionality to work with Social Office, or are you having this problem in portal?

Thanks, Vicki

Thanks for the response.

Sorry for my english.

Yesterday i realized that to add friends to chat i have to add social networking. I've installed it and then try with a couple of users. These users have the "Defautl Social Office User" and i've added the portlets (these are the ones that i need to create friendship between this users) to their personal pages, so i added the summary portlet and the requests portlet. Through the summary i've sended the friendship request from user A to user B and then in the requests portlet of user B i've accepted the petition.
Therefore the friendship is not created because additionaly i've added the "friends portlet" to list friends for user and users A and B show "You have 0 friends". The other thing i note is that they don't see each other in the "chat bar"

The chat i'm using is the chat bar at the bottom of the pages of liferay.

Thanks again.
thumbnail
Vicki Lea Tsang, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 49 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.04.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the additional info. Sounds like the problem is with the social relationship and possibly not with chat. Please can you let me know what version of portal you are using?

Thanks, Vicki

Thank for your help. I've resolved it googling this problem.
I've found that if uninstall and then reinstall social office, this problem is resolved.
So i assume that the problem was installing social networking after installed social office.

Thank you very much.