Fórumok

Integrating Bootstrap 3 with Liferay 6.1?

Nicole Justice, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Integrating Bootstrap 3 with Liferay 6.1?

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello! My team and I are trying to create a responsive theme based on Bootstrap 3 in Liferay 6.1. Does anyone here have any experience with creating a responsive layout and theme based on Bootstrap 3? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nicole
Bradley Wood, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: Integrating Bootstrap 3 with Liferay 6.1?

Riccardo De Stefani, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 41 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.10.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Bradley Wood:
My recommendation is to convert all OOTB Liferay Layouts to use the boostrap 3 markup, and place them in the theme so when the theme is used the markup will be correct. Then in the Portal_normal.vm in the <head> of the html include the CSS and JS that is needed for twitterbootstrap3 to work with.

Sorry but i am newbo in liferay, can you explain this better?
I want to develop liferay 6.2 theme using bootstrap 3 but i've found these problems:
- theme inherited from _styled: bootstrap 2 "hits" with bootstrap 3 when i include bootstrap 3 in head tag of portal_normal.vm. My html elements inherits some properties from bootstrap2, some from bootstrap3
- theme inherited from _unstyled: i am free to include bootstrap3 (no hits with bootstrap2) but dockbar now has no style and, more important, no behavior. Add, Edit, Preview not working or with no style
- theme inherited from _unstyled: i can include bootstrap3, rewrite dockbar overriding jsp pages in a custom hook, giving it bootstrap3 markup and classes. It work for dockbar in portal pages, but not for dockbar in "control center" pages of liferay. Dockbar is the same, but there i have no reference to bootstrap3 and dockbar gets no style. Control center has its own theme

My goal is to write a theme using only bootstrap 3, keeping dockabar working (primarily its behavior) in portal pages and in control center pages.
Thanks
thumbnail
M J, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 184 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.03.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Riccardo,

Check the zip file attached to the previous message, it has all the stuff you needed for Bootstrap 3 theme.

MJ.
Riccardo De Stefani, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 41 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.10.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thank you MJ.
Now i want to create a modal login dialog, like the dialog one in the classic theme of Liferay 6.2, but login liferay portlet is written using aui tags (bootstrap 2), so dialog doesn't get the right style from bootstrap 3 library to show.
What is the right way to do modal dialog login in Liferay 6.2, using only bootstrap 3?
Thanks
thumbnail

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 184 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.03.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Nicole,

I developed a custom theme based on Bootstrap 3 R2. If you want, I can share the code. Let me know.

MJ
thumbnail
Mithun Salinda, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 12 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.03.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi can you send me the code?
thumbnail

@Mithun @Nicole

Here is the custom theme based on Bootstrap 3 RC1. I only included the contents of the _diffs folder. I hope it helps.

MJ

Mellékletek:

thumbnail
Mithun Salinda, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 12 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.03.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
M J:
@Mithun @Nicole

Here is the custom theme based on Bootstrap 3 RC1. I only included the contents of the _diffs folder. I hope it helps.

MJ

Thanks MJ ,, Great !emoticon

emoticon
R DS, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Do you know the right way to override login portlet (in a custom hook) to change aui tags in bootstrap 3 markup?
example: <aui:form> in <form>

Thanks
Nnalue Henry, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 3 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
M J:
@Mithun @Nicole

MJ

I took your _diff folder and used it to create a new theme on liferay 6.1. It worked to an extent but when I tried using bootstrap 3 html tags, it was not able to reference all from the css provided. ie it appeared in a disjointed manner. does it mean this would work on 6.2 only? please i really need help on how I can build a liferay theme on 6.1 using Bootstrap 3.

Regards
Nnalue Henry, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 3 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
M J:
@Mithun @Nicole

MJ

I have successfully integrated bootsrap 3 into liferay 6.1 but I hit a road block. When I create a page using WCD (web content display), the content of the page seem not to responsive. but things like message board and blog portlet is responsive. Please how can i solve this problem.

Thank You
Jorge Pineda, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 9 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.12.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
M J:
@Mithun @Nicole

MJ

Thank You!!!
dharmesh Mistry, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 22 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.07.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
@ M J
Thanks for sharing code ,

Can i use in my custom theme which i developed on base of an classic theme,

I am eager to integrate an develop custom theme using bootstrap for liferay 6.1, is that possible ? if yes then kindly share Knowledge ..