Fórumok

How cleared issues in the issues.liferay.com can be applied in our Liferay

DINESH M KANDHASAMY, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

How cleared issues in the issues.liferay.com can be applied in our Liferay

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 89 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,

I want to know how to apply the issue changes done in the Liferay Issues can be applied in our portal.

For example my issues are cleared in the following links,

https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-14417?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-14220?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

I want to apply the issue changed in the above links in my portal.

Please some one help me to achieve this.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Dinesh M K
thumbnail
Manish Yadav, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: How cleared issues in the issues.liferay.com can be applied in our Life (Válasz)

Expert Bejegyzések: 493 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Dinesh,

It should be a lot easier now than back earlier to find the patched code: clone https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal and filter the history by the LPS ticket number - this should give you the related changes to that issue. If that ticket was indeed the cause of your problem, you'll need to backport the changes to your 6.0.6 installation - that will still be some work, but they don't look that complex.

If you're not too familiar with git, any graphical frontend to git might help. In fact, even gitk, a very basic frontend, easily filters by commit message that contains the given ticket number.

Thanks & Reagds
Manish Banwari Lal Yadav
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: How cleared issues in the issues.liferay.com can be applied in our Life (Válasz)

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Yep, you have to grab the patch, apply it to your code base, build everything, then overwrite your local installation files w/ the ones that you just built...

Or you could choose to use the lcepatchers.org edition of Liferay; they tend to do a good job applying patches, but I'm not sure what state they're in since the release of GA3.

RE: How cleared issues in the issues.liferay.com can be applied in our Life

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 89 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Mr.David,

Thanks for your reply. But I want to get the main clarification about the doing the steps and applying the patches in local installation.

Can you please elaborate and say the step what I want to do?

Regards,
Dinesh

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your clarification. It was helpful.

But I need a step by step guide to do what you have said.

Please can you send me the step by step procedures do the functions as said by you.

Regards,
Dinesh M K
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Dinesh,

if the LPS has a released version in "Fix Version" field, then you only have to install that version.

If that version wasn't released yet, then you have to pach yourself as said before, or purchase an EE license for getting the patches.

Hi Mr.Juan,

Thanks for your reply.

As you said I cannot find the LPS released version.

Can you help me to find the Fix version patch to install or notify me it the patches are released or not.?

Regards,
Dinesh
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Dinesh,

Seems that those LPS are fixed in 6.1.0 GA1 release.

Anyway, I'd recommend you to install the latest stable version: 6.1.2 GA3.

Juan Gonzalez:
Hi Dinesh,

Seems that those LPS are fixed in 6.1.0 GA1 release.

Anyway, I'd recommend you to install the latest stable version: 6.1.2 GA3.

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Cheers,
Dinesh