Fórumok

Jasper reports with liferay. -An error occurred while processing the report

Mahesh Narke, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Jasper reports with liferay. -An error occurred while processing the report

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 105 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.10.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,
I want to display jasper report in liferay portlet.
Environment:
1. Liferay portaldevelopment-developer-6.1ga2
2. Tomcat 7.0.27
3. Deployed WARs - JasperReportsServer-portlet-5.0.1, jasperreports-web-6.1.20.1-ee-ga2-20120731110418084, reports-portlet-6.1.20.1-ee-ga2-20120731110418084
4. Jasper server(5.1) is also running.

Few Question:
1) Please let me know what is the exact purpose of all this war i deployed? I tried to search but not able to get perfect answer.
2) If i want to perform thick client application (means i want to keep the report's layout locally and during display i will call DB to get values as we already providing a data source and not involving jasper server in it). Is it possible? Here can i excuse the jasper server?
3) In case of thin client is it possible to get the definition and reports from jasper server and display to portlet?

IMP: Write now i am trying to display the report (generated using iReport ) and trying to view in report admin. In report admin i provided the datasource config and it is perfect( no error ) . Created a definition and provided the report that i generated using iReport. But i am getting error as "An error occurred while processing the report.".

Mellékletek:

thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: Jasper reports with liferay. -An error occurred while processing the re

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Okay, silly question. Did you look in the log files to find out what the error actually was?

RE: Jasper reports with liferay. -An error occurred while processing the re (Válasz)

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 105 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.10.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
I am new to liferay so sometime this silly question's also takes hell lot of time to solve...I am sure u also go through this phase..
BTW Thank you for the answer..

Mistake:
I was using ireport 5.1 to generate the report layout and liferay does not support the uuid field of the reports.( iReport 4.5+ version developed by default.)
Now using iReport 4.5 i created a report and tested...
working fine...
thumbnail
Ching Ice-creaming, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 28 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.03.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Mahesh Narke,

I am new to Liferay 6.2 too so sometimes I am not dare to ask a question here. I don't know someone like it whether or not.
BTW your self problem solving skills are strong.

Would you mind I ask you my silly question ? Is Liferay EE report portlet compatible with old iReport 4.5 only ?

Ching
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Ching Ice-creaming:
I am new to Liferay 6.2 too so sometimes I am not dare to ask a question here. I don't know someone like it whether or not.

Do not be afraid, Ching, we don't bite. We may ask you to read some doco or track something in the logs or something. I'm happy to help people get over hurdles when they're struggling, but at the same time I'm not paid to do your job or train you how to be a Liferay developer. Besides, there are some things that you learn better by working through them on your own.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 978 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
I do a lot of jasperreports including for BI over Liferay

There is the EE jasperreports portlet yes, but given jasperreports is 'just' a library, I generally just include the jar/version I want and carry on with my portlet dev based on the version I want
thumbnail

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 978 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
btw Mahesh ; as a side note, you might explore jasperreports custom datasources ; I find them to be much more powerful than sql-based datasources
thumbnail

Ching Ice-creaming:

... I don't suggest your method to replace JasperReports engine inside Liferay EE report portlet.

Ching: to be more clear, I did not intend to recommend replacing JasperReports jars inside the Liferay EE report portlet. Instead, I wrote that for my own custom reporting portlets, I use chosen jasperreport jars in the version I want to work with.

Makesh: sounds like you understand the jasper version dependencies wrt using the EE reporting plugin. For BI, I am currently not using a separate JasperReports server in conjunction with Liferay portal delivered reports tho that sounds like an interesting effort to perhaps take advantage of what JasperReports server offers.
thumbnail

Ching, I think you and I are guilty of encouraging tangential nonsense in what should be technical threads. There are some who are much better than us at creating very polished nonsense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW-V8aSC6Ac ; yes in fun ; but in this technical forum I am changing my ways to distract less and try to give more focused questions and information. This is not facebook or Google+.

yes
Liferay supports iReport 4.5.
Actually you can user above version also but you need to manually delete uuid field for each tag from xml file.