Fórumok

how to customizie navigation menu

vadivel murugan, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

how to customizie navigation menu

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.10.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi

I am having a customized themes (newly created theme by me). I want to show the default liferay navigation menu in that theme.But the menu is not displayed.i checked
portal_normal.vm the code is not commented.So anyone could you please assist me to get out of the issue.
Atul Patel, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: how to customizie navigation menu

New Member Bejegyzések: 18 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
are you including navigation.vm?

Thank you for your reply!!!
Including means??In my new theme i can see navigation.vm inside docroot->diff->template->navigation.vm and docroot->template->navigation.vm.
(i.e)navigation.vm is accessed in portal_normal.vm and this code not commented.

Is there any other way we can create navigation menu inside web content or like portlet.Because end user can dynamically add or remove menu frequently.
So i want menu to be customised(Changing menu Name,add menu,Remove Menu) like web content.
thumbnail
ritresh girdhar, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 67 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Any error while loading page ?

Please check using firebug console. and also check your deplyed war in server whether that contain your navigation code.

Thank you ritresh!!

I'm not getting any error in firebug console.

deployed war in server whether that contain your navigation code.??(Could you please explain how it is releated to our navigation menu and also where to locate the war inside tomcat bundle)

Actually we are working on liferay default page from the scratch as a blank screen and created our own themes and layout .
In that we have to implement liferay's default menu functionality and can u help us in implementing the same.
thumbnail
ritresh girdhar, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 67 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.07.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi

Initially i also faced some problem while bulding themes.

1. If you created theme using Eclipse Liferay plugin and deplying that in configured Liferay server in eclipse IDE. -> the problem may you may get that While building project
You will find that your templates file are overridden and not contains your customized changes. so please export your theme as war and deploy to server .(placing in deply folder)
2. and check your theme code in Webapp , whether that changes are there or not
3. If you are developing forst time , i must say please copy the Classic theme material in your theme , then start exploring one by one from portalNormal.vm to navigtion.vm
write some alerts or some bla bla between for debugging

Regards
Rinku

Again thank you ritresh!!

I will check and let you know.Before that could you tell me how to debug vm files??

Then is there any other way to create menu(via navigation portlet in liferay or anyother) like liferay?