Fórumok

Password Policy issue (syntax checking disabled)

thumbnail
lou cat, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Password Policy issue (syntax checking disabled)

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 196 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello all,

My company is using LR6.0.6 CE under Tomcat 6, Java6, postgreSQL database.

I've been notified that one of our clients cannot change his password: whatever password he chooses is not accepted by the portal.
We have around 1000 users and this never happened, unfortunately I do not have any other information (no screenshot, no browser version etc) and I certainly cannot ask the client what type of password he's trying to input or I cannot choose a password for him.

We are using the default password policy with no syntax checking enabled, I've seen there are some properties regarding password:

passwords.passwordpolicytoolkit.charset.lowercase=abcdefghjkmnpqrstuvwxyz
passwords.passwordpolicytoolkit.charset.numbers=23456789
passwords.passwordpolicytoolkit.charset.symbols=_.!@$*=-?
passwords.passwordpolicytoolkit.charset.uppercase=ABCDEFGHJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZ

but (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe these settings should be in place when the syntax checking is enabled... that is not my case.
Besides, I've tried to use 1 or other characters not present above, and my password has been correctly changed.

I know I don't have much info and this error is not reproducible at the moment, but do you have any ideas of what's happening?
How could I better investigate?
Any workaround?

Essentially, if you were in my shoes, what would you do? emoticon

Any suggestion is much appreciated!!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: Password Policy issue (syntax checking disabled)

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14916 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
lou cat:
Essentially, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

Find out who the user is, what locale they're using, and what they're trying to change their password to.

You'll need to check your default password policy, syntax checking can include size limitations, password reuse policy, dictionary verification, etc.

You can't solve a problem with only part of the information.
thumbnail
lou cat, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: Password Policy issue (syntax checking disabled)

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 196 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thank you David.

The thing is "syntax checking" is not enabled, but anyway I'll try to follow your steps if, hopefully, the client gives us more information.