Fórumok

Why is Liferay changing the screenname???

thumbnail
lou cat, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Why is Liferay changing the screenname???

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 196 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm trying to configure ldap with my existing LR 6.0.6 portal, but apart from a long list of problems (which you can find here ), one thing is literally driving me crazy: Liferay is changing the screennames of the users after they are created!!

The behaviour is a a bit random, but it seems it's acting as if it was trying to create another user with the same screen-name, and it appends ".1" and so on in order not to duplicate it.

These are the scenarios when it did it, on and off:

- when I changed the password of the mock user from the Portal Admin control panel
- when I changed the password of the mock user from the mock user account
- when I login as the mock user with the new password
- when I simply change the page from control panel to another one
- when I have auto-generate screen-name on or when it's off
- when ldap is both exported and imported, or also if only exported
- I thought it was linked to ldap only, but it happened also once ldap was disabled! even if less frequently

After a while it even came back to the original screenname value, and most of the time it oscillates between two only.

This is creating a lot of ldap entries for just one user (one for each screen-name created!) and I think it's contributing to some bind authentication issues.

Did anyone experienced anything similar? even if not connected to ldap, could you explain to me why Liferay changes the screen-name?
There shouldn't be any database constraint related... what else could it be?

thanks!
thumbnail

RE: Why is Liferay changing the screenname???

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 196 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
Am I really the only one in the world who had this problem? emoticon
thumbnail
Krzysztof Gołębiowski, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 549 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.06.25. Legújabb bejegyzések
This seems to be very strange issue, maybe you have some misconfigured properties in portal-ext.properties? Generally I would remote debug two classess - UserLocalServiceImpl method addUserWithWorkflow and DefaultScreenNameGenerator which is responsible for adding .<number> suffix.

You can also play with "Users" section of portal.properties, especially with those ones:
#
# Set this to true to always autogenerate user screen names even if the user
# gives a specific user screen name. If this is set to true, the LDAP
# importer will fetch users by their email address even if the property
# "company.security.auth.type" is set to screenName.
#
users.screen.name.always.autogenerate=false

#
# Input a class name that implements
# com.liferay.portal.security.auth.ScreenNameGenerator. This class will be
# called to generate user screen names.
#
users.screen.name.generator=com.liferay.portal.security.auth.DefaultScreenNameGenerator

#
# Input a class name that implements
# com.liferay.portal.security.auth.ScreenNameValidator. This class will be
# called to validate user screen names.
#
users.screen.name.validator=com.liferay.portal.security.auth.DefaultScreenNameValidator
#users.screen.name.validator=com.liferay.portal.security.auth.LiberalScreenNameValidator
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1555 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.09.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Another wild guess:
Your filter for import is somehow misconfigured and liferay doesn't find the user/can't match it and tries to create a new user? In your case, you need to filter on email address, not username. Please note, that's just a wild guess.

Maybe you could post your ldap configuration here?
Aravinth Raj Raju, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 27 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

Based on Authentication Search Filter, liferay imports users from LDAP.
Add all mandatory feilds of liferay user in filters.

Thanks,
Aravinth Raj R.
thumbnail

Krzysztof Gołębiowski:
This seems to be very strange issue, maybe you have some misconfigured properties in portal-ext.properties? Generally I would remote debug two classess - UserLocalServiceImpl method addUserWithWorkflow and DefaultScreenNameGenerator which is responsible for adding .<number> suffix.

You can also play with "Users" section of portal.properties, especially with those ones:
[....]

Thank you for the suggestions Krzysztof, at the moment I don't think my portal-ext has misconfigured properties, the only settings for users regards live users (the live monitor is enabled), and public/private layouts (users don't have their own pages).
I have some hooks on login/logout and create-account events, but I undeployed them in my test environment.

I'll try to debug it better following your suggestions!
thumbnail

Hi Christoph and Aravinth,

Thanks for your insight, I think you're both talking about the liferay-ldap mapping, here is my configuration for users.
In this moment the ldap import is not enalbled though.

---------------------
Authentication Search Filter: (mail=@email_address@)

Import Search Filter : (objectClass=inetOrgPerson)

User Mapping:

Screen Name:cn
Password :userPassword
Email Address :mail
Full Name :
First Name :givenName
Middle Name :
Last Name :sn
Job Title :title
Group :ou
----------------------------------