Fórumok

Installing 6.2 Tomcat bundle on Windows Server 2012 R2

Noel Walsh, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Installing 6.2 Tomcat bundle on Windows Server 2012 R2

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.01.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi.
I haven't used anything but MS software for a good 5 years so I'm a bit rusty but having downloaded the 6.2 demo and having received my trial license email I'm unable to get LifeRay to start.
I've managed to get the Tomcat home page on port 8080 but nothing else.

Has anyone had similar experiences or could it be an issue with the new(ish) OS?

I've started the App Server and put the license.XML file into the newly created Deploy folder in my LifeRay HOME directory.
I've created and double checked the environment variables for the JRE_HOME and JAVA_HOME.
I've sent the startup log files to LifeRay but was pointed to the community for help.

Thanks in advance.

N03L.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: Installing 6.2 Tomcat bundle on Windows Server 2012 R2

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
if you started w/ a bundle, you never see the tomcat home page. Almost sounds like you're trying to do a manual setup (own tomcat, install liferay war), and that has special steps that must be processed to get it all working correctly.

Thanks for the info David but I've done exactly what's stated on the LifeRay website with regards to getting up and running with the trial.
Download the Tomcat bundle, add the license .XML file to the Deploy directory and start the app server.
Nothing.
I've even removed everything and started over at least 5 times.
Nothing.

Does anyone have any idea why the license.XML file keeps disappearing from the Deploy directory?
I had to copy it back over on Friday after it disappeared from Thursday's endeavours and now it's gone again after leaving things on Friday.
Thanks.
N03L.
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1744 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.11.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Noel,

It is supposed to behave that way. The license.xml will disappear seconds after you copy to the deploy folder. If you are able to see the portal home page without "License register" screen, it means you have successfully registered your Enterprise version of Liferay.

Regards,
Sandeep
Mike Renzi, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 8 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.12.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Noel - we are running Liferay 6.2 on Windows 2012 server. We are also running behind IIS 8 with the BonCode connector.

Anyway, we've dealt with a boatload of configuration parameters. Regarding your situation, it sounds like your CATALINA_HOME environment variable may be pointing to a different Tomcat instance on the server - this is something we've run into, that's I mention it.

You should have Java 1.7x64 bit and JAVA_HOME should be pointing to its installation directory.

Also, it is very helpful to have the Cygwin bash emulation software on the Windows 2012 server. You can use the tail command to watch the tomcat log files as Liferay boots up.

Hope this was a help.

Thanks Mike.
That's great. I was running with the JDK 6u45 so I'm updating that as I type.
I don't have a CATALINA_HOME variable which might be another issue. I'll create that too.

Is it me or are the 3 bullet points on the getting started page a bit of a joke?

N03L.

Thanks for your help people.
I've managed to get it working by removing the Jaspersoft trial that I was also running.
With that out of the way I got Liferay to work.
Now I need to get the two of them working on the same box and even though I re-installed Jaspersoft's Report Server after Liferay and specified the Liferay Tomcat instance to host the Jaspersoft app, neither of them are working now.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

N03L.
Mike Renzi, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 8 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.12.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Noel - we are able to run other WAR (spring/struts) applications within the same Tomcat 7x bundle that Liferay is running in. Haven't tried running Jaspersoft stuff though.

-Mike

Thanks again Mike.
Yeah. My boss told me that there's some relatioship between Liferay and Jaspersoft so I'm sure there's a way. I'm just not sure why Liferay has stopped working just because I've told another application to usse the same server on a different port.
I'll keep digging...