Fórumok

Difficulty enabling SiteMinder in portal-ext.properties (EE Build 6130)

Denney Liptak, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Difficulty enabling SiteMinder in portal-ext.properties (EE Build 6130)

New Member Bejegyzések: 3 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.03.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
SiteMinder+LDAP login was configured successfully when performed through the GUI (Liferay EE Build 6130) and verified to function.

I need to replicate the same configurations in portal-ext.properties.
I removed/unset all of the LDAP and SiteMinder config via the GUI so that the two wouldn't collide.

It appears I’ve been successful in configuring LDAP via the portal-ext.properties, as I can authenticate with an LDAP user.
However, the following lines do not appear to (successfully) enable SiteMinder integration:
siteminder.auth.enabled=true
auto.login.hooks=com.liferay.portal.security.auth.SiteMinderAutoLogin
logout.events.post=com.liferay.portal.events.SiteMinderLogoutAction
siteminder.import.from.ldap=true
siteminder.user.header=UMP_USER

These same config lines worked in Community Edition, 6.0.5

Might anyone know if these have changed in Liferay EE 6.1.X?
I’ve checked the portal.properties and it doesn’t appear there are any formatting changes.

I'm open to other suggestions, too. Perhaps new SiteMinder properties that I might be missing?

Thanks!

RE: Difficulty enabling SiteMinder in portal-ext.properties (EE Build 6130)

I believe I may have narrowed it down to this line:
siteminder.user.header=UMP_USER
When I logged into the GUI using the test account and navigated to the SiteMinder enable section, I observed that the field was blank! However, a couple other checkboxes were enabled, leading me to believe those settings were properly read from portal-ext.properties.

I entered 'UMP_USER' into the GUI and saved the changes. SiteMinder integration began to work.
Here is a snip:

So the symptoms seem to point to the specification of the SiteMinder user header from portal-ext.properties, as it seems to function fine when specified via the GUI.
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1519 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
If you save anything in that UI in CP then all of those properties will get their value from the database instead of your portal(-ext).properties.

Thank you for the reply, Mika. I understand...I'd read elsewhere that the UI/database config takes precidence over anything in portal-ext.properties.
However, during my testing, there should not have been an overlap; I removed the UI config before trying to specify via portal-ext.properties.

The order of testing was:
  • Populate the Liferay GUI with LDAP+SiteMinder info
  • Verified that I could authenticate with SiteMinder and that I did not need to log into Liferay (the user was passed in by SiteMinder)
  • Removed the LDAP+SiteMinder configuration from the GUI and 'saved' it. (I'm thinking this should have removed the info from the database)
  • Added my LDAP+SiteMinder configuration into the portal-ext.properties, restarted Tomcat
  • SiteMinder integration didn't work but I could login with an LDAP user; I logged out.
  • Logged back in with the Test-Admin user and observed that SiteMinder was enabled but the header value field was blank! (It was specified as 'UMP_USER' in the portal-ext.properties)
  • I filled in 'UMP_USER' via the UI, saved...and SiteMinder integration was working again.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.
For example, I don't know if deleting content out of the UI properly erases it from the Liferay database, which would muddy the above test.

From the outside, it seems like there is a disconnect between specifying parameters via the GUI and portal-ext.properties.
We need to be able to specify this configuration via the config file, as the Admin menus are not exposed to the customer in our deployment.
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1519 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.08.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Once it is saved from the UI there is no way to remove it from the DB. Removing the values from UI will just save empty values and those will be used.