Fórumok

logging to catalina.out, tailing the log

thumbnail
Jack Bakker, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

logging to catalina.out, tailing the log

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 978 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
on linux I commonly have in .bash_aliases several utility console commands like:

alias cdtom='cd /opt/liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29'
alias tailt='tail -f /opt/liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29/logs/catalina.out'
alias deploy='mv /opt/liferay-portal-6.0.6/deploy_tmp/*.war /opt/liferay-portal-6.0.6/deploy'

the 2nd one 'tailt' allows me to watch catalina.out which is good for seeing when Liferay has finished starting up, and for other reasons

catalina.out can get big over time, and I'd like to roll it daily while still involving a 'tailt' approach

ideas ?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: logging to catalina.out, tailing the log

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
i think logrotate will help you w/ your log issue (but I'd stick w/ changing the tomcat logging prefs in the conf directory if you can), but tail won't follow the transition from one file to the next file...
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

RE: logging to catalina.out, tailing the log

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 978 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
I will first try logrotate on linux (my preferred o/s generally)

I have several windows production installs too, so yeah, sticking to a scoped-to-a-tomcat config would offer a more generic cross-platform approach.

Thanks again David.