Fórumok

Help please

Dominic Egbe, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Help please

New Member Bejegyzések: 17 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.04.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm a Liferay beginner. I want to have a login page that enables users to first create their own account before using my message board. How do I go about it. If possible, I need some piece of code and guide.
Thanks
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Help please

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
Read the manual, what you ask for can be made possible using default features. No need for coding.
Dominic Egbe, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 17 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.04.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks I have done that. I am creating a portal that offers various services rendered as portlets and these portlets are to be on different pages and users directed to pages containing the service they subscribe to during that account creation stage.
My challenge now is to modify the create account portlet to include a field Service subscription with various options - e-Health, e-Commerce ect. These values will then be used to determines the service page directed a particular user to on login.
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
Understood and apologies for my previous answer, next stage would depend on your business/subscription requirements and how much custom coding you would want to do.

If you prefer to avoid any coding, one of the options would be:
1. choose how do you want to map available custom service options to Liferay model, e.g. Role to Custom Service Option, or Site/Organisation to Custom Service Option
2. design look-and-feel / navigation of your portal that reflects item (1)
3. Use out-of-box sign-in/registration process
4. Make configuration that when user is enrolled Liferay automatically assigns user to default set of Custom Service Options (if any)
5. On one of the portal pages, make a display what other Custom Services available. In a case of Site/Organization mapping you can use My Communities portlet with subscription buttons available.
6. etc

If you want to have more customised business processes, the approach would be similar.
One note though, it is probably easier to implement service subscription 'after user account is created' compared to 'when user account is created'.

(We have had many cases when services are allocated when user account was created, but they are all using our own SmartForms portlet where custom actions/workflows can be executed upon form submission.)