Fórumok

Licensing agreement for Liferay 6.2 CE

Rashi Rastogi, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Licensing agreement for Liferay 6.2 CE

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.02.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

My requirement is to develop KMS (Knowledge Management System) tool for my organization for internal use and not for sale using Liferay 6.2 Community Edition.
I wanted to know as if we can create this tool without going through any legalities using CE or is there any kind of legal obligation in doing the same.
Any suggestion or information that can be posted is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Licensing agreement for Liferay 6.2 CE

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14914 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. Obviously you should consult a lawyer in your locality to determine exactly what you can or cannot do.

In general though I believe the CE contract allows you to use it for whatever you want as long as you're not selling it, bundling it, distributing it, ...

For a platform for your intranet, I think you'll be just fine.

Note, however, that CE is not patched w/ all security patches in a timely manner. If you are going to have an internet-facing portal, I always recommend EE as you will be notified of security issues, resolutions, as well as timely delivery of patches.

When you are internet facing, keeping your Liferay up to date is important to protect your enterprise.

Using EE for an intra or extranet also garners these same benefits, so it should still be considered, but it is not as much of a requirement as internet facing is.

And if you plan on seeking some consulting assistance, the consulting firms are restricted (or perhaps dissuaded, not sure myself) from working w/ CE.