Fórumok

Piwik in Liferay 6.2

Ajeet Singh, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Piwik in Liferay 6.2

New Member Bejegyzések: 14 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.03.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

In Liferay 6.2, Piwik support has been added.

To enable Piwik support, we navigate to Site Administration in the Control Panel, expand the Configuration area in menu at the left side of the screen, then click on Site Settings. Click on Analytics and we’ll see a form, where we can have option to enter script in the piwik box.

Is there any documentation or supportive example on this new feature (Piwik) of Liferay 6.2?

Regards,
Ajeet
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Piwik in Liferay 6.2

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14915 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Not that I'm aware of, but since Liferay is open source, if you write some up I'm sure they'd be happy to accept it, i.e. as a wiki page or blog post...
thumbnail
Timothy Schenz, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.03.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Ajeet,

We're also interested in trying out Piwik. If you have any guidance, it would be appreciated. Our questions:

Does each site need a Piwik script? Or
Can Piwik sort out separate sites that use the same Piwik script?
Are there performance issues with Piwik and LIferay?

Tim
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14915 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Piwik is invoked from the client browser, so your piwik server must be available to the same users as your Liferay instance (whether that is internet, intranet, etc.).

You're going to want to have separate piwik sites in order to identify different traffic trends, milestones, etc.

Piwik doesn't sort anything out besides the separate site ids. Since it is a call made from the client browser, it's not associated w/ a specific app server(s) you might be running on the backend.