Fórumok

How to set a different domain for each language on the site?

Enrico Borsoi, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

How to set a different domain for each language on the site?

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.11.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,
I am developing a large site, with many languages, and I use the standard liferay language translation feature.
Everything is working good but now I would like to have a different domain for each language of the site.

For example, I would like to have:
- english version --> www.mysite.com
- french version --> www.mysite.fr
- italian version --> www.mysite.it
- etc.

How can I do this?
I know that in Liferay I could set a different site for every language, but this approach would have some disadvantages, so I am wondering if there is a better solution.

Thank you in advance!

enrico
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: How to set a different domain for each language on the site?

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 803 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.03.10. Legújabb bejegyzések
If you have symetric friendly URL structure which liferay supports then you can redirect it to proper domain.
Let say in for French language, Liferay friendly URL will be https://www.liferay.com/fr/ so you use country code and can redirect.

Jignesh
www.liferaysolution.com
thumbnail
Shivam Aggarwal, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 122 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Enrico

To add to what Jignesh suggested:
Rather than going in for various domains(which will definitely incur registration costs too),you should probably go for a sub domain approach i.e. www.mysite.com could be redirected to fr.mysite.com,which is a sub domain of your site.
In order to manage it,you need to figure out to rewrite browser url(using apache or using liferay friendly url) to required url for suppose https://www.liferay.com/fr/

Thanks!

Thank you very much for your answer!
The fact is I don't want to do a redirect because I want that, when an user navigates the site in French for example, the url stays www.mysite.fr, in italian www.mysite.it, and so on.
Do you think this is possibile using some rule on apache htaccess?
thumbnail
Shivam Aggarwal, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 122 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Enrico

As I mentioned above mysite.it and mysite.fr would be altogether 2 different domains,and you should look for
something on the likes of it.mysite.com and fr.mysite.com,which is being on a sub-domain.
Ya,you can try out by mentioning rewriting rules in apache htaccess using mod_rewrite

Thank you, I tried some solutions but till now I have not been able to achieve the goal using Apache htaccess... any suggestion?