Fórumok

RE: Open LDAP + Liferay configuration

thumbnail
Sampsa Sohlman, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 230 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.09.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
I don't have experience of Open LDAP, but I have integrated SUN directory server to work with Liferay.

Look Liferay Administration guide

and search LDAP keyword.

Documentation for LDAP portal-ext.properties you can find portal-ext.properties documentation

LIferay has also user inteface for configuration ( choose "Control panel" - "Settings" - "Authentication" - "LDAP" ) some part's has to be done still on portal-ext.properties
thumbnail
java user 007, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 137 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.08.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Solhaman,
thanks for your reply.
I have followed the liferay admin guide and configured according to it.
But still not able to connect to ldap.
it is showing the following message while clicking the "test connection" button.
"Liferay has failed to connect to the LDAP server. Please check your configuration and verify that the LDAP server is running"

Any help?
thumbnail

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 230 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.09.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Try to save the form before doing the test.

Verify the parameters. You can also test with javabased ldap search tool like JExlplorer to find correct values.

Also check that the network traffic from your Liferay server to ldap is not blocked, that you can do with command line or that JExplorer.
thumbnail

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 137 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.08.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi After a small war I got the connection for LDAP.
Now my liferay is successfully connected to the open LDAP and showing users only (not roles).

I Just changed the Principle: uid=admin,ou=People,dc=portal,dc=example,dc=com

Then everything working great.
I have some following questions regarding this.

1. After connecting to LDAP, I just imported all the users by filling appropriate attributes BUT users only imported. Why Roles are not imported ?
2.when I'm trying to login with the credentials available at ldap it is not able to recognizing those credentials showing the
"You have entered invalid data. Please try again.
Authentication failed. Please try again. "

3.when i'm trying to create the users from home page like guest it is asking all the values and showing the following message like
"Thank you for creating an account. Your password is 9q9QAuWT and has been sent to asdfs@sfg.com. Please check your inbox and spam folders. "
and when i'm trying to login with this password and mail id it is not allowing me into the portal. ANd these newly created users are appearing under "users" at control panel.

Is there any limitations ? why it is not allowing the imported users even?

Liferay version is : liferay-portal-5.2.2 with tomcat 5.5.27 bundle.

So please guide me in a right way.

NOTE: i checked the both "Required" and "Enabled" options.
thumbnail

Look following property on portal-ext.propeties

ldap.auth.method

and also check your "Authentication Search Filter"
thumbnail

Hi Solama,
I configured everything.
I successfully connected to ldap. (I'm seeing this by pressing "Test LDAP Connection")

And i'm seeing the users through ui while pressing "Test LDAP USERS".

And i'm seeing all groups by pressing "Test LDAP Groups".

But now my problem is, I configured these setting through ui by logging as test@liferay.com.

After configured, I checked enabled and required check boxes.

After doing this i saved everything. And then I'm trying to see these users(i..e the users created in ldap) through UI, I'm not seeing a single user or a single group.
I tried to signout and logged in with the users available in ldap then i'm getting the following exception. even trying to access home page.

"An unexpected system error occurred.

java.lang.NullPointerException "

Any help is appriciated. do i missing anything??
thumbnail

And in server log i'm getting the following exception.

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeValueException: [LDAP: error c
ode 21 - title: value #0 invalid per syntax]; remaining name 'uid=test,ou=People
,dc=ldapexample,dc=com'
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:2998)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2931)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2737)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_modifyAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1437)
        at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_modifyAttributes(Compo
nentDirContext.java:255)
        at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.modifyAttributes(
PartialCompositeDirContext.java:172)
PartialCompositeDirContext.java:161)
        at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.modifyAttributes(InitialDirC
ontext.java:148)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.exportToLDAP(PortalLD
APUtil.java:246)
        at com.liferay.portal.model.UserListener.onAfterUpdate(UserListener.java
:53)
        ... 67 more
07:06:49,839 ERROR [MainServlet:686] com.liferay.portal.ModelListenerException:
javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeValueException: [LDAP: error code 21 - ti
tle: value #0 invalid per syntax]; remaining name 'uid=test,ou=People,dc=ldapexa
mple,dc=com'
com.liferay.portal.ModelListenerException: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttribu
teValueException: [LDAP: error code 21 - title: value #0 invalid per syntax]; re
maining name 'uid=test,ou=People,dc=ldapexample,dc=com'
:56)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.UserPersistenceImpl.update(Use
rPersistenceImpl.java:252)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflecti
on(AopUtils.java:307)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJo
inpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(
ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.in
voke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
        at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invok
e(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynami
cAopProxy.java:204)
        at $Proxy41.update(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.updateLastLogin(
UserLocalServiceImpl.java:1914)
        at $Proxy171.updateLastLogin(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.updateLastLogin(UserL
ocalServiceUtil.java:728)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:667)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:269)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:188)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter
thumbnail
Gere P, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

To avoid this, I have created a new entry in ldap tree and mapped the same with title.
now i'm getting the following error.

LDAPUtil.java:549)
        at com.liferay.portlet.admin.job.LDAPImportJob.execute(LDAPImportJob.jav
a:62)
        at com.liferay.portal.job.JobWrapper.execute(JobWrapper.java:63)
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.j
ava:529)
09:45:38,482 ERROR [UserImpl:108] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No
Contact exists with the primary key 12413
com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No Contact exists with the primary ke
y 12413
        at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.ContactPersistenceImpl.findByP
rimaryKey(ContactPersistenceImpl.java:231)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor241.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at $Proxy12.findByPrimaryKey(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.ContactLocalServiceImpl.getContact(Co
ntactLocalServiceImpl.java:41)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor240.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at $Proxy120.getContact(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.ContactLocalServiceUtil.getContact(Contact
LocalServiceUtil.java:84)
        at com.liferay.portal.model.impl.UserImpl.getContact(UserImpl.java:103)
APUtil.java:240)
        at com.liferay.portal.model.UserListener.onAfterCreate(UserListener.java
:42)
rPersistenceImpl.java:249)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.addUser(UserLoca
lServiceImpl.java:322)
        at $Proxy171.addUser(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.addUser(UserLocalServ
iceUtil.java:143)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.importLDAPUser(Portal
LDAPUtil.java:903)
        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.importFromLDAP(Portal
LDAPUtil.java:580)
09:45:38,482 ERROR [PortalLDAPUtil:912] Problem adding user with screen name use
r and email address user@ldapexample.com
com.liferay.portal.ModelListenerException: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttribu
teValueException: [LDAP: error code 21 - givenName: value #0 invalid per syntax]
; remaining name 'uid=user,ou=People,dc=ldapexample,dc=com'
:45)
rPersistenceImpl.java:249)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.addUser(UserLoca
lServiceImpl.java:322)
        at $Proxy171.addUser(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil.addUser(UserLocalServ
iceUtil.java:143)
LDAPUtil.java:903)
Caused by: javax.naming.directory.InvalidAttributeValueException: [LDAP: error c
ode 21 - givenName: value #0 invalid per syntax]; remaining name 'uid=user,ou=Pe
ople,dc=ldapexample,dc=com'
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:2998)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2931)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2737)
        at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_modifyAttributes(LdapCtx.java:1437)
        at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_modifyAttributes(Compo
nentDirContext.java:255)
PartialCompositeDirContext.java:172)
PartialCompositeDirContext.java:161)
        at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.modifyAttributes(InitialDirC
ontext.java:148)
APUtil.java:246)
:42)
        ... 36 more
09:45:38,482 ERROR [UserImpl:108] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No
Contact exists with the primary key 12403
com.liferay.portal.NoSuchContactException: No Contact exists with the primary ke
y 12403
        at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.ContactPersistenceImpl.findByP
rimaryKey(ContactPersistenceImpl.java:231)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor241.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at $Proxy12.findByPrimaryKey(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.ContactLocalServiceImpl.getContact(Co
ntactLocalServiceImpl.java:41)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor240.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at $Proxy120.getContact(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.ContactLocalServiceUtil.getContact(Contact
LocalServiceUtil.java:84)
        at com.liferay.portal.model.impl.UserImpl.getContact(UserImpl.java:103)
LDAPUtil.java:853)
09:45:38,513 ERROR [PortalLDAPUtil:606] Error importing LDAP users and groups
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Calendar.setTime(Calendar.java:1037)
LDAPUtil.java:857)

Does anybody got success in this? if yes please post a sample ldap tree dirctory structure and give the mapping details.
thumbnail
Scott Lee, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 55 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
here are a couple things to check:

1) make sure that have mapped all required fields

* screenName
* password
* emailAddress
* firstName
* lastName

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/LDAP#section-LDAP-Authentication

2) use the latest released version of liferay available (5.2.3).

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/downloads/portal
thumbnail

Hi lee,
Thanks for your suggestion. I checked the same as you suggested and not getting success. And this seems to be a bug and I was reported the same here.

Thanks for your support.
thumbnail

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 55 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.26. Legújabb bejegyzések
If the problem is the issue you linked to, for now, you can just disable the "export" feature. and make sure that LDAP is "enabled", but not "Required".

If this work around works, then you are correct, the issue is the export feature.
thumbnail

Hi lee, Thanks for your support.
I did the same as you mentioned in above and getting the same error. SO I thought it was problem with 5.2.2 And changed the version to 5.2.3

After updated my environment with 5.2.3 tomcat 6.0 bundle and trying todo the same and getting the following error.

12:27:30,917 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1347] Checking for available updates
12:27:30,917 INFO  [PluginPackageUtil:1391] Finished checking for available upda
tes in 0 ms
12:29:16,587 ERROR [PortalLDAPUtil:242] java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.getNameInNamespace(Po
rtalLDAPUtil.java:409)
APUtil.java:201)
:40)
:36)
rPersistenceImpl.java:448)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.CompanyLocalServiceImpl.updateDisplay
(CompanyLocalServiceImpl.java:577)
        at $Proxy15.updateDisplay(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.CompanyServiceImpl.updateDisplay(Comp
anyServiceImpl.java:166)
        at $Proxy16.updateDisplay(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.CompanyServiceUtil.updateDisplay(CompanySe
rviceUtil.java:139)
        at com.liferay.portlet.enterpriseadmin.action.EditCompanyAction.updateDi
splay(EditCompanyAction.java:170)
        at com.liferay.portlet.enterpriseadmin.action.EditCompanyAction.processA
ction(EditCompanyAction.java:83)
        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequ
estProcessor.java:180)
        at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:19
7)
        at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFi
lter(FilterChainImpl.java:98)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletF
ilterUtil.java:57)
        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java
:632)
        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImp
l.java:664)
        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletIm
pl.java:359)
        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAc
tion.java:604)
        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.jav
a:428)
        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:195)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(Reques
tProcessor.java:431)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.ja
va:236)
        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalReques
tProcessor.java:157)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:119
6)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.
java:608)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:846)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
icationFilterChain.java:290)
ilterChain.java:206)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDisp
atcher.java:630)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(Applica
tionDispatcher.java:436)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationD
ispatcher.java:374)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDis
patcher.java:302)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServ
let.java:143)
.java:154)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(St
ripFilter.java:142)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java
:91)
icationFilterChain.java:235)
:94)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZip
Filter.java:140)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(
SecureFilter.java:282)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter.processFilter(Ca
cheFilter.java:425)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processF
ilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:257)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter.processF
ilter(OpenSSOFilter.java:73)
        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(Sharepoi
ntFilter.java:193)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFi
lter(VirtualHostFilter.java:191)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheF
ilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewrit
eFilter.java:738)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authentica
torBase.java:433)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:128)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
ava:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
ve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.jav
a:286)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java
:845)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proce
ss(Http11Protocol.java:583)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:44
7)

and note that, I'm successfully connected to the server by clicking "Test LDAP connection" button, and seeing all the users from the liferay UI by clicking "Test LDAP users" button and even seeing all the groups by clicking "Test LDAP Groups" button.

When I'm trying to save the setting I'm getting the above error in console.

My configuration details are:
Screen Name: cn
Passowrd: userPassword
Email Address: mail
Full Name: blank
First Name: givenName
Last Name: sn
Job Title:title
Group: groupMembership

SO this error seems to be strange. Any help or can you point me the error and do i need to add anything in portal-ext.properties.
thumbnail

Hi team please respond to this.
thumbnail

The export feature will export new users to one particular location and will try to update existing users in the their existing location. It can be tricky to get this working right sometimes.

(the exception shows that the export feature is still turned on)

Try to turn off export and see if you are able to log in with a user that only exists in LDAP.

also, check out the wiki for some screenshots which some a basic working structure: http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/LDAP
thumbnail

After migrating from 5.2.2 to 5.2.3 with the above settings I'm getting the following error.
10:02:52,361 ERROR [PortalLDAPUtil:242] java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.getNameInNamespace(Po
rtalLDAPUtil.java:409)
APUtil.java:201)
:40)
:36)
rPersistenceImpl.java:448)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.CompanyLocalServiceImpl.updateDisplay
(CompanyLocalServiceImpl.java:577)
        at $Proxy15.updateDisplay(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.CompanyServiceImpl.updateDisplay(Comp
anyServiceImpl.java:166)
        at $Proxy16.updateDisplay(Unknown Source)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.CompanyServiceUtil.updateDisplay(CompanySe
rviceUtil.java:139)
        at com.liferay.portlet.enterpriseadmin.action.EditCompanyAction.updateDi
splay(EditCompanyAction.java:170)
        at com.liferay.portlet.enterpriseadmin.action.EditCompanyAction.processA
ction(EditCompanyAction.java:83)
        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequ
estProcessor.java:180)
        at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:19
7)
        at com.sun.portal.portletcontainer.appengine.filter.FilterChainImpl.doFi
lter(FilterChainImpl.java:98)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletF
ilterUtil.java:57)
        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java
:632)
        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImp
l.java:664)
        at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletIm
pl.java:359)
        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processPortletRequest(LayoutAc
tion.java:604)
        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.jav
a:428)
        at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:195)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(Reques
tProcessor.java:431)
        at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.ja
va:236)
        at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalReques
tProcessor.java:157)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:119
6)
        at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.
java:608)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:846)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDisp
atcher.java:630)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(Applica
tionDispatcher.java:436)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationD
ispatcher.java:374)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDis
patcher.java:302)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServ
let.java:143)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(St
ripFilter.java:142)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZip
Filter.java:140)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(
SecureFilter.java:282)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.cache.CacheFilter.processFilter(Ca
cheFilter.java:425)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processF
ilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:257)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.opensso.OpenSSOFilter.processF
ilter(OpenSSOFilter.java:73)
        at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(Sharepoi
ntFilter.java:193)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.doFi
lter(VirtualHostFilter.java:191)
        at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocalcache.ThreadLocalCacheF
ilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalCacheFilter.java:55)
        at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewrit
eFilter.java:738)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authentica
torBase.java:433)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:128)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
ava:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
ve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.jav
a:286)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java
:845)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proce
ss(Http11Protocol.java:583)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:44
7)

Can anyone suggest me where i'm missing?
thumbnail
Amos Fong, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2047 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
110:02:52,361 ERROR [PortalLDAPUtil:242] java.lang.NullPointerException
2java.lang.NullPointerException
3 at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.getNameInNamespace(Po
4rtalLDAPUtil.java:409)
5 at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.exportToLDAP(PortalLD
6APUtil.java:201)
7 at com.liferay.portal.model.UserListener.onAfterUpdate(UserListener.java
8:40)

Hi Gere,

Looking at your exception, it still looks like export is enabled. Did you ever make LDAP configuartion changes from the UI? If so, those will take precedence over the ones in portal-ext.properties.
thumbnail
Stuart Stephen, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.08.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Amos Fong:
110:02:52,361 ERROR [PortalLDAPUtil:242] java.lang.NullPointerException
2java.lang.NullPointerException
3 at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.getNameInNamespace(Po
4rtalLDAPUtil.java:409)
5 at com.liferay.portal.security.ldap.PortalLDAPUtil.exportToLDAP(PortalLD
6APUtil.java:201)
7 at com.liferay.portal.model.UserListener.onAfterUpdate(UserListener.java
8:40)

Hi Gere,

Looking at your exception, it still looks like export is enabled. Did you ever make LDAP configuartion changes from the UI? If so, those will take precedence over the ones in portal-ext.properties.

Hi,

I'm trying to get the export working too, but it's failing with the same exception you guys have also experienced.

Did anyone solve this?

Thanks,
Stuart
thumbnail
Stuart Stephen, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.08.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
I've had a deeper look into this and it appears to me that the export will only MERGE differences and won't do an export as it suggests. The PortalLDAPUtil uses a method getUser(companyId, screenName) to find the user in LDAP.

I would have imagined that the getUser method would use something unique such as email address, but it doesn't. It uses screen name - something I can't understand at all.

I've patched my PortalLDAPUtil to use an email address instead and am going to have a go at making it export properly.

Edit! screen name is a unique field in liferay.
Man V K, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 138 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.12.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi GP,

Did you resolve the issue ?, i have some error when i tried to use

UserLocalServiceUtil.updatePassword

i get following errors
my liferay is configured with ldap, so when i update the password i get this error.

i checked export option in settings-authenticatin.

javax.naming.directory.SchemaViolationException: [LDAP: error code 67 - 000020B1
: UpdErr: DSID-030F0A48, problem 6004

Ciao
Man.