Fórumok

Customize the Forgot password page

Subhakar Siva, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Customize the Forgot password page

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.12.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

I need to customize the forgot password page to accept the email address and password(confirm password as well). and on clicking the submit button, I need to update the password(instead of triggering an email) or else return the appropriate error message.

My approach is to have a hook to override both forgot_password.jsp and ForgotPasswordAction.java action. Am I heading in the right direction ?

Can I achieve this in a single hook? please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Subhakar.
thumbnail
Pankaj Kathiriya, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Customize the Forgot password page

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 722 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.08.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
Dont you think your requirement is faulty? by this feature anybody can change password of anyone knowing his/her emailId.
Subhakar Siva, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.12.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Pankaj Kathiriya:
Dont you think your requirement is faulty? by this feature anybody can change password of anyone knowing his/her emailId.

Pankaj, thanks for getting back. Yes I completely agree with you. But this is going to be immediate and temporary fix until our users email proxy servers are adjusted so that they can receive the email.
thumbnail
Pankaj Kathiriya, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 722 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.08.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
In that case, its achievable by using plugin-hook.

Basically you have to override jsp for adding password field and override struts-action class ForgotPasswordAction.java.

Please visit link , for how to override struts-action in hook.
Regards.
thumbnail
Tomas Polesovsky, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 676 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.02.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

I'd recommend at least to employ password reset questions. It's not the best solution but much better than to have nothing.

This is insecure even for temporary solution.

Thanks.