Fórumok

Custom Categories Navigation Portal

Buvanes Mohan, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Custom Categories Navigation Portal

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.08.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi everybody,

Can we customize the Categories Navigation Portal? If it is possible, please share some example with us.

Many thanks in advance

Buvanes
thumbnail
Zsigmond Rab, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Custom Categories Navigation Portal

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 728 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.01.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Buvanes,

could you please describe what you would like to achieve exactly? That can help to give the most precise answer.

Thank you,
Zsigmond
Buvanes Mohan, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.08.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Zsigmond Rab,

I have created one site. the site having 3 users. All users are creating various categories under one particular vocabulary.

I want to customize the categories navigation portlet block based on the user. I need to display the category, which is created by them self. But the portlet site page is showing all the categories under that site.

Thanks,
Buvanes
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
It's easy to build your own, custom, Category Navigation Portlet. I recommend it over changing the default one. All it does is: List the categories (and you have your own algorithm to filter the categories to show here) and, on click, trigger the public render parameter categoryId, which is being picked up by some of the stock Liferay portlets (and potentially your own ones too)
Haythem Benizid, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.08.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
hello,
I'm using "Categories Navigation Portal" and I want to change the display of the list for categories in a well-defined template.
my problem was, when i move to the new template the category names are not clickable any more emoticon
how I can create a new template for displaying and keep the functioning of the url name ??

thx
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Haythem Benizid:
I'm using "Categories Navigation Portal" and I want to change the display of the list for categories in a well-defined template.
my problem was, when i move to the new template the category names are not clickable any more emoticon
how I can create a new template for displaying and keep the functioning of the url name ??

"When I'm changing something, it doesn't work - what do I need to do differently?". Seriously: You'll need to give a little bit more information on what you already tried and what you want to achieve.
Haythem Benizid, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.08.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
what I meant to say is explained in more details in the document :
Doc-LiferayCategoriesNavigation-Details

the portal works perfectly, but what I want is to change the display template. (css or other solutions)

thx
thumbnail

Rephrasing my earlier question after seeing the screenshots:

"I'm changing the template and don't tell you what is contained in the template. But it doesn't work. What do I do wrong?"

Answer: You're not providing your template to us. How do you expect somebody to point out your problem?
thumbnail
Himanshu Bhandari, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 148 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.05.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi

Either post code of the template you have coded or as I can guess you must have not define hyperlinks over the names of the categories. To get the actual behavior you can compare your code with the default code thoroughly.

Thanks.
thumbnail
Himanshu Bhandari, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 148 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.05.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi

In the permissions configuration we have 'owner' as a role, you can define permissions on categories in such a way that only owner of the category should view that.

Thanks