Fórumok

Step-by-Step explanation needed (Mac OS X)

Pat Win, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Step-by-Step explanation needed (Mac OS X)

New Member Bejegyzések: 3 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.08.25. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi

I just copied Liferay Nativity into my Eclipse and tried to follow your description:

After cloning the liferay-nativity project, open LiferayNativity.xcworkspace and build using the LiferayNativity.osax scheme.

I simply cannot follow this... can you please explain me how to build the binary code?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Step-by-Step explanation needed (Mac OS X)

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14916 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
I think that a) they're assuming you have the developer tools and b) you're a developer and know how to use them.

David H Nebinger:
I think that a) they're assuming you have the developer tools and b) you're a developer and know how to use them.

Hi David

thank you for your fast answer... however, answers like that do not really help, right? I do have the developer tools and I know how to use github project & java, but the description provided in the github project is quite "thin"...

If someone is interested in providing a real & useful answer, I would appreciate it a lot
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14916 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
I think they mean the osx dev tools. Those extensions are not typical java or anything else, and because it talks about finder swizling, I think the code is based on the osx dev tools.

My answer wasn't meant to be condescending, I too am a mac user and liferay developer, but I have yet to dip my toes into xcode to figure those out... For those that have, I'm guessing the instructions make perfect sense.
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
David is correct. You need Apple's developer tools, specifically XCode or an alternate Obj-C IDE like AppCode. Once you have XCode, you'll be able to open LiferayNativity.xcworkspace and build the OSAX scripts.

Dennis Ju:
David is correct. You need Apple's developer tools, specifically XCode or an alternate Obj-C IDE like AppCode. Once you have XCode, you'll be able to open LiferayNativity.xcworkspace and build the OSAX scripts.

Thanks. I'll try that! Has anyone experience with Liferay Nativity and OS X 10.10 Yosemite?
thumbnail
Dennis Ju, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 228 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Yes, I've tried Nativity with Yosemite DP2 and unfortunately, it does not work. emoticon

This is the inherent cat and mouse game of method swizzling. Nativity also broke when Mavericks was released and it took awhile to figure out how to fix it. I haven't had the time to work on fixing Nativity for Yosemite, but I'll give it a shot when I can.