Fórumok

Liferay 6.2 - Webdav - avoid login dialog for each file

Alexey Ivanov, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay 6.2 - Webdav - avoid login dialog for each file

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 41 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello All,

Wiki page below is described how we can mount disk to specific folder of the specific site by WebDAV.
https://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Accessing+the+Document+Library+with+WebDAV

webdav window7 client is able to connect to liferay6.2 webdav server (via mounted disk), but login dialog is appeared for each ms office file during opening it.

If I check "Remember my password" checkbox it will still display the login dialog, but the user name and password will be already filled-in, so you just need click "OK", but I would like to avoid this dialog.

Could you please help resolve this issue?
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay 6.2 - Webdav - avoid login dialog for each file

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 529 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.10.21. Legújabb bejegyzések
Do you try to open the files from the mounted disk, or from the Documents and Media portlet from the portal?

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 41 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.05.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
via mounted disk

thanks
thumbnail
Daniele Baggio, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

R: Liferay 6.2 - Webdav - avoid login dialog for each file

Expert Bejegyzések: 336 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.12.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
Save the credentials when you setup the mounted disk. Check "use different user" in the setup dialog.
Daniele

@baxtheman

Sent from my Android device with Liferay.com Forums

RE: R: Liferay 6.2 - Webdav - avoid login dialog for each file

Hello Daniele
I tried it, but unfortunately it's doesn't help

I found some information here:
http://www.webdavsystem.com/server/documentation/ms_office_read_only

----------
"Microsoft Office applications always ask for the authentication when used with Basic and Digest authentication. If you check "Remember my password" checkbox it will still display the login dialog, but the user name and password will be already filled-in, so you just click "OK". If NTLM or Kerberos is used than MS Office asks for credentials only 1 time during first document access.

How do I avoid login dialog when using Microsoft Office?
Here are some options to consider to totally avoid login dialog with Microsoft Office:
1. Use NTLM or Kerberos authentiction.
2. Implement Office Forms Based Authentication Protocol (MS-OFBA).
3. Implement Url-authentiation. Your urls will look like http://server/[SessionID1234567890]/path/file.docx"
------------

Liferay is used Digest authentication for webdav, we can find it in liferay-web.xml:
<filter>
<filter-name>WebDAV Servlet Filter</filter-name>
<filter-class>com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter</filter-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>digest_auth</param-name>
<param-value>true</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>portal_property_prefix</param-name>
<param-value>webdav.servlet.</param-value>
</init-param>
</filter>

Does Liferay support one of the following options?:
2. Implement Office Forms Based Authentication Protocol (MS-OFBA).
3. Implement Url-authentiation. Your urls will look like http://server/[SessionID1234567890]/path/file.docx"

thanks
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 529 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.10.21. Legújabb bejegyzések
As far as I can tell, we don't support it yet. Anyway NTLM authentication is implemented, so if your business needs require it, you can set up NTLM authentication in the portal.
Dan Reid, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.09.21. Legújabb bejegyzések
I setup an environment with LDAP and NTLM configured--automatic login from IE works fine.

But Office docs from a mapped WebDav folder still ask for credentials every time. Are you saying that if NTLM is configured and working, the Office documents shouldn't be repeatedly popping up? That would be great if there was some way to make that work.
asif aftab, módosítva 4 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 123 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
I want to open documents stored in liferay server using webdav url and trying to open from ms office. But facing same issue of credentials popup, I want to completely avoid this popup. We are using ntlm sso n it is working fine for other urls but for webdav specially unable to open without credentials.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 4 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6400 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
asif aftab:

I want to open documents stored in liferay server using webdav url....
Please don't crosspost. Or at least link the threads to each other. Anyone coming around later will find better answers this way, or determine that your problem has been solved elsewhere.