Fórumok

LifeRay + Vaadin Plugin

Florian Reisinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

LifeRay + Vaadin Plugin

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.08.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hallo,

Ich habe dieses Plugin installieren probiert: https://vaadin.com/directory#addon/number-field:vaadin

Ich hab es in den lib Ordner in WEB-INF gelegt und konnte es in Eclipse auch gleich verwenden. Jedoch erscheint nur eine Fehlermeldung bei der Ausführung.
(Sorry, bin gerade nicht am Rechner mit liferay) Die Fehlermeldung besagt, dass eine neue GWT Kompilierung stattfinden muss (https://vaadin.com/directory/help/using-vaadin-add-ons)
Ich hab auch das Vaadin Eclipse Plugin installiert, aber das "*gwt.xml"(irgendwie so) kann nicht gefunden werden und darum wird kein neuer GWT kompile ausgeführt.

Ich hoffe ihr wisst was ich meine,

Danke für eure Hilfe,

Florian emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: LifeRay + Vaadin Plugin

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sorry for the english reply, but any reply should be better than none...

When you're doing Vaadin under liferay you have two options - the popular V7 way is to do a complete self-contained portlet in V7 built using Maven and the Vaadin archetype. This will give you a compiled widgetset, but the risk you have is multiple different vaadin portlets in a browser page all consuming some of the client browser memory/cpu, etc.

The second way is to use the Vaadin Control Panel for Liferay. In this mode, all addons must be deployed to Liferay's WEB-INF/lib directory and you use the control panel to recompile the widget set (technical jargon for compiling the java code into the JS that will be executed in the browser). There is a vaadin control panel for V6 and a separate one for V7 - you must know which one you're using and have the correct version of the addons that you're going to be using.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer!
I did not find a comaptible Vaadin Plugin for the Liferay 6.2.1 GA 2. I must use Vaadin 6, as the project I am working with does not want to upgrade... Any idea, link?

Thank you!

Florian
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sometimes you can find older versions of addons compatible w/ V6 in the directory, but if the author hadn't made one, you'll have to find another implementation that is V6 compatible or roll your own... Sometimes V7 addon devs will provide source (which would make this easier).

Hi
The vaadin plugin is compatible with v6, which is integrated with liferay.
The mentioned liferay vaadin integration is incompatible with the latest liferay release.

I am unable to get your answer... It might be easier to only use vaadin I guess...
thumbnail

The vaadin control panel, they do have the older version in the directory: https://vaadin.com/directory#addon/vaadin-control-panel-for-liferay:vaadin.

Sorry, I didn't know you were asking about the control panel...

Hi,

I was not asking about the controlpanel itself, but about the "GWT compile" feature. I can do this manually I guess, but I am not able to. The plugin does not seem to run here :/
Any idea how to manually GWT-compile?

I created a Vaadin Liferay project and want to use vaadin 6 compatible addons
thumbnail

That I've never tried. See, for Vaadin 6, the compiled widgetset needs to be in ROOT/html/VAADIN/Widgetsets and that's not really possible using a manual widgetset compile like the V6 documentation said was possible for V6 servlets.

That's why I suggest the V6 control panel, because that will put the compiled widgetset in the appropriate location.

I did the same thing (V6 project w/ V6 addons), and basically to be successful you do the following:

1. Install the Vaadin Control Panel.
2. Copy all your addon jars to ROOT/WEB-INF/lib of Liferay web application.
3. Use the VCP to compile the widget set, being sure to include the addons in the compiled widgetset.
4. Use liferay-plugin-package.properties to pull in the addons to your project.
5. Deploy and test.

Hi,

"Vaadin is not available" emoticon Thanks for your help!
thumbnail

Is that your portlet reporting the message? Usually there will be some sort of exception in the server logs which point to the failure.

Hi,

Nope, it's the Vaadin portlet and the Vaadin-thing in the (translated from German) control center. So the Vaadin plugin does not seem to work... Will try tomorrow again. Thanks so much for your help!