Fórumok

Liferay on Weblogic and Oracle RAC

Jean Baro, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay on Weblogic and Oracle RAC

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi there,

What's the most proven/battle tested setup used by Liferay? MySQL/JBoss?

We are planing to install it on top of Weblogic 11g (Oracle Exalogic) and Oracle RAC (or Oracle Exadata).

Is (can be) Liferay optimized for this kind of setup?

We are now serving around 200 million pageviews month with a different CMS.

Regards
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay on Weblogic and Oracle RAC

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Liferay doesn't use any of the JEE functionality, so typically we recommend a simpler container such as tomcat.

That said, Liferay will work under weblogic too. I believe most of the issues around weblogic relate to deployment and class loader issues (but I must defer to other experts if they're out there, and also I could be remembering incorrectly, that it might be websphere that has these issues and not weblogic). A forum search and jira ticket search should show you what may be up with weblogic...

Oracle as the database (regardless of the kind) will work fine.

Can it be tuned for that kind of load? Certainly. I'd explore caching appliances (i.e. perhaps a varnish tier in front of the app servers), proper cluster sizing/implementation, a separate Solr cluster, ...

I don't think I'd try to leverage CE for this kind of setup though, I'd probably try to spring for EE as the cluster support is much better. And if you don't have Liferay expertise in house, I'd try getting Liferay or a platinum partner in at least to help get you off the ground.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay on Weblogic and Oracle RAC

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
What David says.

In addition, you might want to check the Performance Whitepaper, which describes a few scenarios that have been tested under load. Also, for more help you might want to get in contact with either Liferay's office in your region or with a partner - as David suggested. Liferay's staff will be able to point out partners with expertise either in your technology stack, industry or load requirements.

To be complete: Without having hard numbers, probably Tomcat/MySql are the most common deployment platforms. However, that doesn't imply that the other ones are not supported - it's just the choice of the easiest infrastructure to set up, or what people have experience with.

My typical recommendation is to choose the environment that you (your team) can maintain best. There's no use in running on an appserver that somebody recommends if you can't recover it when the underlying server fails (disaster recovery)