Fórumok

How to re-deploy an ext plugin

Christian Perez, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

How to re-deploy an ext plugin

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 47 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.07.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
I create a ext-plugin to modify some functions of liferay and deploy it but I need to do some more changes and when I deploy again the ext in the console shows me that the ext will not undeployed, reading the wiki I find that ext can't be undeployed but there is some ways to make this

actually I try this ways.

Delete the files as mention here:
https://www.liferay.com/es/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Ext+Plugin

AND here:
http://www.apoorvaprakash.in/2012/02/redeployment-of-ext.html

but in this ways I lose all changes

some other way to do that?

I generate the war locally and deploy to a remote server, then I can't use ant, or something like that

Liferay 6.1

Thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: How to re-deploy an ext plugin

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Ext's are a pain to remove because they inject so much (i.e. ext-service in the app container's global lib dir, i.e. tomcat's lib/ext directory).

It is always recommended that, in order to get a clean system w/o the EXT, you should start from a 'clean' (or archived copy of your) app server setup.

This is one of the reasons that EXTs should be avoided whenever possible, simply because they are difficult to remove.
thumbnail
Andew Jardine, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2416 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.12.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
If you are using the IDE plugins for eclipse then you can try using the tooling it provides as well.

+ Right click on your EXT project
+ Choose Liferay
+ Choose "Clean App Server..."

.. which does for you exactly what David said. It actually takes the archive you configured when you set up you Liferay server and swaps out the existing one for a fresh archive (though I have only ever done this with the Tomcat bundle so I don't know about the others).

Either way, same as a manual process. Crappy thing is that you also lose the changes you would have made to Tomcat. I have in the past "modified" the bundle to include other settings I want. I've also written shell scripts to purge the stuff but any way you cut it, its a pain in the butt.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
I always wanted to post a "me too" message emoticon

Adding to Andrew's and David's post: What they describe is contained in Liferay's Developer Guide (check the next chapter as well)