Fórumok

WebDAV & Office Integration issues

Arj Banner, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

WebDAV & Office Integration issues

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.12.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Issue #1

I have tried to get Desktop integration by following this tutorial here: http://www.liferay.com/web/michelle.kawaye/blog/-/blogs/setting-up-social-office-with-webdav

When I use "Add network place" it says http://localhost:8080/tunnel-web/secure/webdav/liferay.com/marketing/document_library/Documents Home does not appear to be valid.

Anyone know why this is?

Issue #2

When I try to open a document in MS Office 2007, following this tutorial here: http://www.liferay.com/web/michelle.kawaye/blog/-/blogs/social-office-using-office-integration, I get to the point where I open http://localhost:8080/sharepoint and it asks me for username and password, but once I have typed them in, it says it is not valid?

Any ideas here?

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

RE: WebDAV & Office Integration issues

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 993 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.04.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Arj,

Do you use Windows Vista? We did find issues of WebDEV in Windows Vista. And we did have possible solutions on these issues.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
-----------------
The Author of Liferay Books:
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets
Arj Banner, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.12.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Jonas Yuan:
Hi Arj,

Do you use Windows Vista? We did find issues of WebDEV in Windows Vista. And we did have possible solutions on these issues.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
-----------------
The Author of Liferay Books:
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets

Yes, I do use Windows Vista.

What are the solutions on these issues?
Dmitry Babain, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 238 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.11.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
this is the solution that worked for me.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=17c36612-632e-4c04-9382-987622ed1d64&displaylang=en
thumbnail
Fuad Efendi, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 180 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.04.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
It doesn't work for me yet; I found few posts at MSDN related to similar problem when different versions of MS-Office coexist (when Office was upgraded)
thumbnail
Fuad Efendi, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 180 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.04.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
My understanding is there is NO WAY to make it work in Windows Vista 64-bit, and it is old problem of Microsoft; it is not yet fixed. I even found similar posts that it doesn't work on Windows 7 64-bit.
There is patch for 32-bit.
thumbnail
Ryan Park, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 120 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.08.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

Just wanted to mention that I've found limited success when I open the a document library document directly in their default application running in compatibility mode for "Windows XP SP3".

If only we could run Explorer that way too emoticon
Sultee khan, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 145 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.10.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
Since Webdav functionality (even from iphone) was one of the requirement of our project, we came to the conclusion that
Webdav works with XP and Windows Vista together with Office 2003. Some how we were able to get it to work on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 too.
However with office 2007 it doesn't work to the full. You can save the files but the files are open as read only. There may be some fix for office 2007 till now...
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 373 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2004.08.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sultee, it might be helpful for you to list some of the issues you ran in to and what you did to make it work.

We have found that oftentimes you have to patch Office, Windows, etc., for things to work; this would be the case whether one was using Social Office or using Sharepoint. For example, the funkyness with Vista (you need to use KP SP2 mode) exists with Sharepoint AND Social Office.
Sultee khan, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 145 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.10.31. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Bryan,
Every operating system from microsoft comes up with an another story about webdav. Windows XP, Vista works fine after applying patches and some other tricks which many users publish on their blogs.
For iPhone we found one good app called dav-e for webdav.
All new versions of Open office work fine most of the time with webdav but somehow many companies don't use it.
At present I have some problems with Windows 7 and Microsoft office 2007. I am able to save a file correctly but when I open it, it comes out as read only instead.Funny is that office 2007 even doesn't work correctly with share point either...every access takes a long time.
Lets see when Microsoft comes up with some patches for these two.
I will be glad to help others with further specifics...