Fórumok

JSF Vs. JSP in portal programing

ali hosseini, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

JSF Vs. JSP in portal programing

New Member Bejegyzések: 19 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello.
I am sorry to disturb you.
I want to know the difference between the 1 and 2 that is.
What is the reason that a programmer can use a 1 or 2 and the other does not.
What is the advantage of using 1 or 2 or elsewhere?
Thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: JSF Vs. JSP in portal programing

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
JSP is the simplest portlet implementation, but it really needs a server side framework (i.e. struts or spring mvc) to be useful. It has little if any server side overhead and tends to scale very well.

JSF is a higher level framework, has more browser/server "integration" or binding, and therefore has a higher server-side footprint. This can affect scaling and cluster node failover. But as a higher level framework, it has more maturity than just JSP alone and doesn't require a server-side framework. Through the use of JSF addons, you can add AJAXy support to build a more responsive portlet.

Choosing which one to go with is typically dependent on your concurrent user load expectations, the skillset of your team, etc.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Ali,

JSF is more "component" oriented. If you want to implement custom web components (with custom javascript, validation, AJAX..) then you should go for JSF. Maybe you need to change your mind when programming using JSF comparing to other programming "style", but I rather prefer JSF as older "JSP + MVC" patterns.

JSP is very old, although is still used masively. There you can implement whatever you want (even using Java code through scriptlets). Actually, JSP gets compiled as a servlet.
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2655 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.07.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Ali,

The Liferay Developer Network has a JSF Tutorial that lists some reasons why you might want to consider using JSF, and also some reasons why you might not want to.

Kind Regards,

Neil