Fórumok

liferay-maven-plugin version

thumbnail
Soukaina HAJI, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

liferay-maven-plugin version

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 195 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.06.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,
I can't find the jar of liferay-maven-plugin 6.2.0 (not MD5!) I use liferay 6.2.0 and I only found liferay-maven-plugin 6.2.1 so I used it

Is it wrong to do that ?

thank you
thumbnail
Anil T, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: liferay-maven-plugin version

Expert Bejegyzések: 313 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.01.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
You should always use the latest maven plugin. It is not liferay-version dependent (although they seemed to version it like it was), but it always has bug fixes, etc.
thumbnail

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 195 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.06.17. Legújabb bejegyzések
Ok I have an startup error I can't assume that it's version problem ?
What is the latest version of the plugin ?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14919 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
A startup error has nothing to do with the liferay maven plugin; liferay maven plugin is only used within maven to complete the build.

Startup errors are code related (sometimes yours, sometimes liferays). To diagnose you want to find the root stack trace, check the source to see what's failing, and work from there.
thumbnail

Ok thank you,
this is the only error that is displayed :

10:54:15,690 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][PortalContextLoaderListener:110] java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.DirectServletRegistryUtil.clearServlets(DirectServletRegistryUtil.java:27)
	at com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalContextLoaderListener.contextDestroyed(PortalContextLoaderListener.java:107)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(StandardContext.java:4980)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stopInternal(StandardContext.java:5626)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop(LifecycleBase.java:232)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:160)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:656)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1635)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
10:54:15,694 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][PortalContextLoaderListener:117] java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployUtil.reset(HotDeployUtil.java:45)
	at com.liferay.portal.spring.context.PortalContextLoaderListener.contextDestroyed(PortalContextLoaderListener.java:114)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(StandardContext.java:4980)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stopInternal(StandardContext.java:5626)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.stop(LifecycleBase.java:232)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:160)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:656)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1635)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I don't know where to start !
thumbnail

I'd look at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.DirectServletRegistryUtil.clearServlets() method on line 27 to see what is null that is being referenced.

Working backwards, you can see the stack trace indicates that the portal context loader listener is getting invoked because the context is being destroyed, and then you're into catalina code dealing with stopping an existing war, so I'm guessing the failure is a result of hot deployment.

If I really had to guess, I'd say that you're doing a deployment using Maven, possibly a regular tomcat deployment instead of a Liferay deployment, and this is causing some issues.

Personally I avoid doing any kind of deployment with maven as that is never how you deploy code to production; I prefer to replicate the same process as production deployment (drop war into Liferay's deploy folder) as that will determine if there will be corresponding production deployment issues. Failure diagnosis for maven has little if any value since that will not be replicated in production.
thumbnail

Ok ,What is the different between Liferay deployment and tomcat deployment ?
(I did copy the war file in deploy folder )

this is the mehod :
public static void More ...clearServlets() {
		getDirectServletRegistry().clearServlets();
}

I guess directServletRegistry is null ! What does it mean ?

thank you