Fórumok

Vaadin vs Spring MVC vs Liferay Portlet

Max Hamulyak, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Vaadin vs Spring MVC vs Liferay Portlet

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 29 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.10.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello,

I was wondering if you guys had some advice on choosing a development framework for portlets. I currently have the options Vaadin, Spring MVC and Liferay Portlet. Vaadin mainly because it can integrate with grails and maybe my exisitng grails application so I can reuse a lot of code. But in general I am looking for pro's vs con's / experiences with these possibilities. I hope you can give me some pointers

Cheers
Max
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Vaadin vs Spring MVC vs Liferay Portlet (Válasz)

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14915 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Vaadin is a great framework for building business apps. But it has little support for eye candy, if you need that. Using all java and a swing-like foundation, you can build a responsive ajaxy portlet app. Cons are the eye candy, double theme maintenance, largish server side footprint per user, and lack of a lot of experience in the states, but pros are the ease of portlet creation, built-in ajax support for highly responsive apps.

Spring mvc and liferay mvc have the same similar pros/cons. You'll be coding in JSP, and (depending upon tag libs you use) may have to do your own ajax stuff (if you use AUI/Liferay MVC, you can get some ajaxy support). Usually very light server side footprint so it scales well (in fact it's the best option if you have to scale to hundreds of thousands or millions of users).

Choice depends upon your teams experience and the requirements for what you're going to build.
Max Hamulyak, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Vaadin vs Spring MVC vs Liferay Portlet

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 29 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.10.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thank you very much for your reply. I was already leaning towards AUI/Liferay MVC solutions and then discovered Vaadin (Mainly because of integration with Grails) But I don't think the cons are worth it for this project.

Cheers
Max