Fórumok

Liferay IDE 2.2.0 and Vaadin example

Roger Thomas, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay IDE 2.2.0 and Vaadin example

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.08.29. Legújabb bejegyzések
I've just deployed Eclipse (Luna) with the Liferay IDE 2.2.0 release. The aim is to start looking at writing portlets.

So the first thing I have done is run the portlet wizard to create a Vaadin based portlet example. The results are not that promising

1) The example class created from the wizard inputs is for Vaadin 6.x while the IDE creates an environment for Vaadin 7.2.0.
There also sees to no reason for this class to be created as the MyPortletUI seems to be the real example.

2) The boilerplate MyPortletUI class is written for Vaadin 7.X, but throws up a lot of import errors on the following lines

import com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException;
import com.liferay.portal.kernel.log.Log;
import com.liferay.portal.kernel.log.LogFactoryUtil;
import com.liferay.portal.service.UserLocalServiceUtil;

3) The boilerplate MyPortletUI class also uses logging, without the project adding any form of logging to the pom.

So I can easily deal with 1 and 3 and I'm sure some searching around will fix 2, but as a getting started demo its rather poor and I think worked in a past version of the IDE.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay IDE 2.2.0 and Vaadin example

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1123 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.16. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello Roger,

Sorry for the inconvenience this is a known issue. You can see the JIRA ticket here: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/IDE-1585

You can watch that issue for resolution which hopefully will come in the next release [2.3].