Fórumok

Primefaces 5.1/Liferay 6.2 - dataExporter not working

Joshua Trudell, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Primefaces 5.1/Liferay 6.2 - dataExporter not working

New Member Bejegyzések: 13 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.04.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
I have a p:datatable which I would like to be able to export to excel. I attempted to use the p:dataExporter but it doesn't seem to work. When I click on the link or button, the page seems to do a semi-refresh. I tried to implement the patch released by Neil Griffin on this page, but the issue still remained (although slightly different). After the patch, when I click on the export link/button, I am redirected to an unstyled version of my current view.
I am on liferay faces 3.2.4-ga5

<h:commandlink value="Excel">
				<p:dataexporter type="xls" target="claimTable" fileName="claimlist" pageOnly="true" />
			</h:commandlink>

Thanks
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Primefaces 5.1/Liferay 6.2 - dataExporter not working

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2655 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.07.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Joshua,

When you get a chance, please provide a maven-based project that we can use to reproduce the problem. For more information, refer to Generating a Liferay Faces Portlet using mvn archetype generate.

Kind Regards,

Neil

Neil Griffin:
Hi Joshua,

When you get a chance, please provide a maven-based project that we can use to reproduce the problem. For more information, refer to Generating a Liferay Faces Portlet using mvn archetype generate.

Kind Regards,

Neil

My project is currently set up to use ivy, would that be sufficient?
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2655 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.07.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sure that's fine. Thanks.
thumbnail

Thanks, I got the attachment. I'll take a look at it and report back.

Neil Griffin:
Thanks, I got the attachment. I'll take a look at it and report back.

Just checking in on this - have you had a chance to investigate further?

Thanks
thumbnail

Hi Josh -- I've reproduced the error, but still investigating. -- Neil
thumbnail

Hi Josh,

OK I found two problems with the project you attached.

1) According to the PrimeFaces documentation, you need to add the following dependencies to your ivy.xml descriptor:
<!-- Apache POI for Excel Export -->
<dependency org="org.apache.poi" name="poi" rev="3.7" />
<!-- iText for PDF Export -->
<dependency org="com.lowagie" name="itext" rev="2.1.7" />

2) When I click on the link, the JSF lifecycle looks like this:

20:49:00,011 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:64] BEFORE phaseId=[RESTORE_VIEW 1] viewId=[null]
20:49:00,012 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:48] AFTER phaseId=[RESTORE_VIEW 1] viewId=[/views/ViewClaims.xhtml]
20:49:00,013 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:64] BEFORE phaseId=[RENDER_RESPONSE 6] viewId=[/views/ViewClaims.xhtml]
20:49:00,038 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:48] AFTER phaseId=[RENDER_RESPONSE 6] viewId=[/views/ViewClaims.xhtml]
20:49:04,435 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:64] BEFORE phaseId=[RESTORE_VIEW 1] viewId=[null]
20:49:04,446 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:48] AFTER phaseId=[RESTORE_VIEW 1] viewId=[/views/ViewClaims.xhtml]
20:49:04,447 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:64] BEFORE phaseId=[APPLY_REQUEST_VALUES 2] viewId=[/views/ViewClaims.xhtml]
20:49:16,455 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:48] AFTER phaseId=[APPLY_REQUEST_VALUES 2] viewId=[/views/ViewClaims.xhtml]
20:49:16,456 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:64] BEFORE phaseId=[PROCESS_VALIDATIONS 3] viewId=[/views/ViewClaims.xhtml]
20:49:38,122 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:48] AFTER phaseId=[PROCESS_VALIDATIONS 3] viewId=[/views/ViewClaims.xhtml]
20:49:38,123 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:64] BEFORE phaseId=[RENDER_RESPONSE 6] viewId=[/views/ViewClaims.xhtml]
20:49:38,145 DEBUG [DebugPhaseListener:48] AFTER phaseId=[RENDER_RESPONSE 6] viewId=[/views/ViewClaims.xhtml]

Notice how the UPDATE_MODEL_VALUES and INVOKE_APPLICATION phases are skipped? That means you are experiencing a form validation problem. So I would recommend that you move the dataTable and the commandLink to a separate form that doesn't contain form fields like p:inputText.

Kind Regards,

Neil

I did as you suggested, and now I am getting the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: application/vnd.ms-excel is an unsupported content type
at com.liferay.portlet.MimeResponseImpl.setContentType(MimeResponseImpl.java:159)
at com.liferay.faces.bridge.container.PortletContainerImpl.setMimeResponseContentType(PortletContainerImpl.java:516)
at com.liferay.faces.bridge.context.ExternalContextCompat_2_0_Impl.setResponseContentType(ExternalContextCompat_2_0_Impl.java:559)
at com.liferay.faces.bridge.context.IncongruityContextCompatImpl.makeCongruousJSF2(IncongruityContextCompatImpl.java:145)
at com.liferay.faces.bridge.context.IncongruityContextImpl.makeCongruous(IncongruityContextImpl.java:54)
at com.liferay.faces.bridge.BridgePhaseRenderImpl.execute(BridgePhaseRenderImpl.java:222)
at com.liferay.faces.bridge.BridgePhaseRenderImpl.execute(BridgePhaseRenderImpl.java:85)
at com.liferay.faces.bridge.BridgeImpl.doFacesRequest(BridgeImpl.java:112)
at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doView(GenericFacesPortlet.java:255)
at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:328)
at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doDispatch(GenericFacesPortlet.java:204)
at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:233)
at com.liferay.portlet.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:103)
at com.liferay.portlet.ScriptDataPortletFilter.doFilter(ScriptDataPortletFilter.java:55)
at com.liferay.portlet.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:100)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:64)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:112)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
thumbnail

Hi Joshua,

The stacktrace indicates that a portlet RenderURL is being requested. Does your markup look something like this?

<h:form>
    <p:datatable value="#{fooBean.fooList}" var="foo" widgetvar="fooTable" id="fooTable">
    </p:datatable>
    <h:commandlink value="Excel">
        <p:dataexporter type="xls" target="fooTable" fileName="foo" pageOnly="true" />
</h:form>

Thanks,

Neil

I'm not at the office now, but that looks like the setup I have. Is there something I should do differently?

Neil,
I was able to get the exporter working. After updating ivy to include poi, I forgot to put the patch back in my project. With the patch and the new ivy dependencies, we are in business.

Thanks so much for your help!
thumbnail

Thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear that the patch is working for you. emoticon
Jorge Rubira, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.05.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi!

I'm using primefaces 5.2 and I have the same problem.. when i try to export to csv i get the next error:

08:24:54,058 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-16][status_jsp:753] javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: javax.faces.FacesException: com.liferay.faces.bridge.lifecycle.DelayedResponseOutputWriter cannot be cast to java.io.PrintWriter

have included the ivy dependencies

My view.xhtml is:

<p:datatable>
</p:datatable>
<h:commandlink>
				<p:graphicimage url="/images/csv.png"></p:graphicimage>
				<p:dataexporter type="csv" target="listRequests" fileName="requests" pageOnly="true" />

And, i don't know what else i have to do...

Please, explain me, what i have to do with the pacth that Neil comments.

Thank you in advance!
thumbnail
Vernon Singleton, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 315 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.01.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Jorge,

Jorge Rubira:
Please, explain me, what i have to do with the pacth that Neil comments.

You would just include the patch jar in the WEB-INF/lib of your portlet.

On the other hand, if you are using PrimeFaces 5.2, you should probably download and deploy the latest Primefaces5 demo war here and test it for yourself. It shows the working example of export csv with no patch needed. Then you can build the same war from source and use that code as a working example. Open source is a useful source.

Hope that helps,
Vernon
farzaneh H, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 11 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.09.09. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,I'm using primefaces 5.2,Liferay6.1.2 ,Tomacat 7.0.42 and when i try to export to Excel,Pdf,... i get this error:

javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: application/vnd.ms-excel is not a supported mime type
at com.liferay.faces.bridge.BridgePhaseRenderImpl.execute(BridgePhaseRenderImpl.java:91)
at com.liferay.faces.bridge.BridgeImpl.doFacesRequest(BridgeImpl.java:112)
at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doView(GenericFacesPortlet.java:255)
at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:328)
at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doDispatch(GenericFacesPortlet.java:204)
at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:233)

ivy dependencies:
<dependencies defaultconf="default">
<dependency name="jboss-el" org="org.jboss.el" rev="2.0.1.GA" />
<dependency name="jsf-api" org="com.sun.faces" rev="2.1.21" />
<dependency name="jsf-impl" org="com.sun.faces" rev="2.1.21" />
<dependency name="liferay-faces-bridge-api" org="com.liferay.faces" rev="3.2.4-ga5" />
<dependency name="liferay-faces-bridge-impl" org="com.liferay.faces" rev="3.2.4-ga5" />

<dependency name="liferay-faces-util" org="com.liferay.faces" rev="3.2.4-ga5" />
<dependency name="liferay-faces-alloy" org="com.liferay.faces" rev="3.2.4-ga5" />
<dependency name="primefaces" org="org.primefaces" rev="5.1" />
<dependency org="com.lowagie" name="itext" rev="2.1.7" />
</dependencies>

I've copied liferay-faces-1513-patch-3.2.4-ga5-SNAPSHOT.jar in web-inf/lib .
I tested it with primefaces5.1 without solving error.
please help me .
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, módosítva 8 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 14918 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Don't post to multiple threads.

See your individual post for the answer.

Also worth noting, when I try the CSV export, I get the following stacktrace:

ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-1][status_jsp:750] com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletContainerException: javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: javax.faces.FacesException: com.liferay.faces.bridge.lifecycle.DelayedResponseOutputWriter cannot be cast to java.io.PrintWriter
com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletContainerException: javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: javax.faces.FacesException: com.liferay.faces.bridge.lifecycle.DelayedResponseOutputWriter cannot be cast to java.io.PrintWriter
	at com.liferay.portlet.PortletContainerImpl.processAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:113)
	at com.liferay.portlet.SecurityPortletContainerWrapper.processAction(SecurityPortletContainerWrapper.java:109)
	at com.liferay.portlet.RestrictPortletContainerWrapper.processAction(RestrictPortletContainerWrapper.java:75)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletContainerUtil.processAction(PortletContainerUtil.java:115)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.processLayout(LayoutAction.java:381)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.doExecute(LayoutAction.java:203)
	at com.liferay.portal.action.LayoutAction.execute(LayoutAction.java:95)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
	at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortalRequestProcessor.process(PortalRequestProcessor.java:178)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.callParentService(MainServlet.java:549)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.service(MainServlet.java:526)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:116)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:169)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:293)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:59)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:204)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:109)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:169)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.jsoncontenttype.JSONContentTypeFilter.processFilter(JSONContentTypeFilter.java:42)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:204)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:109)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:96)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:749)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:487)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:412)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:339)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.FriendlyURLServlet.service(FriendlyURLServlet.java:156)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:116)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter.processFilter(StripFilter.java:359)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.gzip.GZipFilter.processFilter(GZipFilter.java:123)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.secure.SecureFilter.processFilter(SecureFilter.java:293)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.i18n.I18nFilter.processFilter(I18nFilter.java:243)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.etag.ETagFilter.processFilter(ETagFilter.java:86)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.jsoncontenttype.JSONContentTypeFilter.processFilter(JSONContentTypeFilter.java:42)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.autologin.AutoLoginFilter.processFilter(AutoLoginFilter.java:267)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.sso.ntlm.NtlmPostFilter.processFilter(NtlmPostFilter.java:83)
	at com.liferay.portal.sharepoint.SharepointFilter.processFilter(SharepointFilter.java:88)
	at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.processFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:226)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:185)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:96)
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:165)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:96)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:165)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDirectCallFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:185)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:96)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1023)
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: javax.faces.FacesException: com.liferay.faces.bridge.lifecycle.DelayedResponseOutputWriter cannot be cast to java.io.PrintWriter
	at com.liferay.faces.bridge.BridgePhaseActionImpl.execute(BridgePhaseActionImpl.java:115)
	at com.liferay.faces.bridge.BridgeImpl.doFacesRequest(BridgeImpl.java:81)
	at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.processAction(GenericFacesPortlet.java:152)
	at com.liferay.portlet.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:71)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.PortletFilterUtil.doFilter(PortletFilterUtil.java:48)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:112)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:749)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:605)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:544)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invoke(InvokerPortletImpl.java:583)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.invokeAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:628)
	at com.liferay.portlet.InvokerPortletImpl.processAction(InvokerPortletImpl.java:308)
	at com.liferay.portlet.PortletContainerImpl._doProcessAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:402)
	at com.liferay.portlet.PortletContainerImpl.processAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:110)
	... 118 more
Caused by: javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: javax.faces.FacesException: com.liferay.faces.bridge.lifecycle.DelayedResponseOutputWriter cannot be cast to java.io.PrintWriter
	at com.liferay.faces.bridge.BridgePhaseActionImpl.execute(BridgePhaseActionImpl.java:87)
	... 138 more
Caused by: javax.faces.FacesException: com.liferay.faces.bridge.lifecycle.DelayedResponseOutputWriter cannot be cast to java.io.PrintWriter
	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(InvokeApplicationPhase.java:89)
	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.Phase.doPhase(Phase.java:101)
	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:118)
	at com.liferay.faces.bridge.BridgePhaseActionImpl.execute(BridgePhaseActionImpl.java:81)
	... 138 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.liferay.faces.bridge.lifecycle.DelayedResponseOutputWriter cannot be cast to java.io.PrintWriter
	at org.primefaces.component.export.CSVExporter.exportCells(CSVExporter.java:110)
	at org.primefaces.component.export.Exporter.exportRow(Exporter.java:244)
	at org.primefaces.component.export.Exporter.exportPageOnly(Exporter.java:198)
	at org.primefaces.component.export.CSVExporter.export(CSVExporter.java:45)
	at org.primefaces.component.export.DataExporter.processAction(DataExporter.java:97)
	at javax.faces.event.ActionEvent.processListener(ActionEvent.java:88)
	at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.broadcast(UIComponentBase.java:775)
	at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:300)
	at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.broadcastEvents(UIViewRoot.java:786)
	at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:1251)
	at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(InvokeApplicationPhase.java:81)
	... 141 more