Fórumok

Document Library - PDF not showing directly in browser

thumbnail
Maarten van Heiningen, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Document Library - PDF not showing directly in browser

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 174 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.02.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
I'm having an issue with the document library PDF's which will not open in the Internet Explorer 8. As far as I can tell there are no issues in the security settings of the webbrowser. The checkbox is also set in Adobe reader for opening PDF's in the webbrowser.

When you point from a structure to the document library pdf and present it in a journal content webpage, The brwoser will not open it but instead prompt the user with a question Do you want to save this object? or Cancel.

The thing is, It is not applying to all pc's or customers. but I cannot find the differences in workstations which will have this issue or not.

Is there something specific in the document library with pdf's or is there special rights issue with the document in guest mode?

Setup:

Server:
Liferay 5.2.3
Mysql
Suse 10

Workstation:
Windows PC
Internet Explorer 8
Adobe Acrobat Reader 8

Many thanks in advance,
Maarten
thumbnail
Shagul Khaja, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

RE: Document Library - PDF not showing directly in browser

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 758 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.09.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

The property shown below is the default setting in 5.2.3.

File: portal.properties
#
    # Input a list of comma delimited extensions for which the content
    # disposition header has to be set to "inline".
    #
    mime.types.content.disposition.inline=flv,pdf,swf,wmv

This ensures that the content disposition of above types (including pdf) are inline.

I don't think the issue is related to Liferay version as you are able to open inline in some machine and not others with same browser version.

Best Regards,
Shagul
thumbnail
Maarten van Heiningen, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 174 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.02.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hy,

If checked it is set by default and is not rewritten in my portal-ext.

Thanks
Nicolas Muller, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 57 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.02.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
By default PDF are set as inline for Liferay 5.x.
Badly Adobe Reader 8.0 does not like this. So we have to install 8.1 or recently (9.3).

Another solution is to put this config into portal-ext.
So the browser will ask you : open, save or cancel rather the two previous option : save, cancel.

With this config you lose the possibility to open the pdf into a new tab but no problem with antical adobe release. emoticon

##
## Mime Types
##

#
# Input a list of comma delimited mime types that are not available by
# default from javax.activation.MimetypesFileTypeMap.
#
mime.types=\
application/msword doc,\
application/vnd.ms-excel xls,\
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint ppt,\
application/x-ms-wmp wmv,\
application/x-shockwave-flash swf flv

#
# Input a list of comma delimited extensions for which the content
# disposition header has to be set to "inline".
#
mime.types.content.disposition.inline=flv,swf,wmv
thumbnail
Corné A, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1313 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.10.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks for the follow up,
our solution was to ban Adobe Reader 8.0
thumbnail
Ricardo Liyushiro Chikasawa, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 39 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

I did the test with Firefox Browser, ok
Now, with explore Browser, went wrong

Can anyone help me?
thumbnail
Jaber C. Mourad, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 89 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.19. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

It is the same here, with IE pdf are opened in acrobat reader and it show a blank page...

With firefox, chrome and safari it works well !

Is there any solution to solve that issue ?

I'm using lf CE 6.0.5

Regards
Roberto Tellado, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 245 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.09.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Jaber C. Mourad:
Hi,

It is the same here, with IE pdf are opened in acrobat reader and it show a blank page...

With firefox, chrome and safari it works well !

Is there any solution to solve that issue ?

I'm using lf CE 6.0.5

Regards

I too hapend the same. Anyone have any solution? I'm using LFR CE 5.2.3 and ie6. It's hapend this in ie8 too.

Thanks.
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1313 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2006.10.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
AFAIK It has nothing to do with Liferay but with Internet Explorer and the version of Adobe PDDF reader.

So what version PDF reader are you using?
Add if 8.0 do upgrade
Roberto Tellado, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 245 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.09.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
In Firefox borwser, in Tools / Information page exist a property: "Compatibility mode standards" (EN) - "Modo de compatibilidad con los estándares" (ES). In IE, this mode doesn't exist and perharps for this IE doesn't show pdf directly in browser (and Document Library save the files in disk without extension).

This bug happens in LR 5.2.x and in LR 6.x whith IE and Acrobat 7, and 9.4.4 (whith acrobat 8.1 and acrobat 9.3 not happen).

(Sorry for my English).