Fórumok

Best practice for deployment.

Ankur Bohra, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Best practice for deployment.

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.11.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
HI,
I have the following scenario. I am having custom portlet's which I am adding to the site pages. What I want to achieve I want to save site as template which should preserve the structure and not content. Then on another server(production) I will first deploy my war files containing custom portlet and then from this save template I would like to create the site. 'How can I achieve this?
What is the best way for achieving this kind of scenario?

Thanks,
Ankur
thumbnail
Meera Prince, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Best practice for deployment.

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1111 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.02.08. Legújabb bejegyzések
HI

Export all your site pages from your current site as .lar
deploy all your custom portlets in your production environment
create same site in production liferay portal instance
then import .lar file into newly created site.

when you export/import you may need to make sure some input options. like copy as new which wont give any errors at time of import.

The following is details baout deployment of liferay applications it may help you..
http://www.liferaysavvy.com/2014/11/liferay-plugin-applications-deployment.html

Regards,
Meera Prince
Ankur Bohra, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Best practice for deployment.

New Member Bejegyzések: 7 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.11.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
HI,

Thanks for reply. I followed the step as suggested. But when I tried to import the .lar file I am getting the following error
"An unexpected error occurred with the publication process. Please check your portal and publising configuration.
com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.dao.orm.ORMException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update"