Fórumok

New Alloy components do not work in 3.2.4-ga5 jsf2-portlet

ramathulasi kudumula, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Alloy components do not work in 3.2.4-ga5 jsf2-portlet

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 51 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
I am new to Liferay Faces Alloy frame work. I have deployed the jsf2-portlet-3.2.4-ga5.war which is downloaded from liferay demo site in liferay portal 6.2, It works fine. But when i include the Liferay Faces Alloy components(Eg:<alloy:outputText>) in the xhtml page and that war file deploys properly.
The component <alloy:outputText> is not converting into html on the browser when I checked through developer tool. I am using the below xml declaration to implement Liferay Faces Alloy in xhtml page.

xmlns:alloy="http://liferay.com/faces/alloy"

If you share the sample war file which is working fine for Liferay Faces Alloy, it would be helpful for me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Thulasi
thumbnail
Kyle Joseph Stiemann, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: New Alloy components do not work in 3.2.4-ga5 jsf2-portlet

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 760 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.01.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Ramathulasi,
<alloy:outputText> is not working because it does not exist in the version of Liferay Faces that you are using. If you want to use the new alloy components in Liferay 6.2 you could build the project from source in the 3.2.x branch to obtain the 3.2.5-ga6-SNAPSHOT version of the jsf2-portlet liferayfaces3-portlet. But it might be even easier to use the newly released 4.2.0-m2 version of the jsf2-portlet showcase-portlet. Note that the 4.2.0-m2 release of Liferay Faces can only be used in Tomcat because it is specific to JSF 2.2. For more information see the release notes.

- Kyle
ramathulasi kudumula, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 51 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.10.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks Kyle for reply.

I did not get any demo portlet to implement Liferay Faces Alloy components.
Can you please share the demo portlet URL to implement Liferay Faces Alloy components for LR 6.2 bundled with JBoss.

Regards
Thulasi
thumbnail

Liferay Master Bejegyzések: 760 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.01.14. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sorry, I should have said the liferayfaces3-portlet rather than the jsf2-portlet. Still, the same instructions apply:

If you want to use the new alloy components in Liferay 6.2 you could build the project from source in the 3.2.x branch to obtain the 3.2.5-ga6-SNAPSHOT version of the jsf2-portlet liferayfaces3-portlet.

You will need to build the 3.2.x branch from source and look into the liferay-faces/demos/bridge/liferayfaces3-portlet/ for an example portlet using alloy components that can be deployed on Liferay + Jboss.

I just built the liferayfaces3-portlet and attached the .war so you can give it a try, but I haven't tested it so it may not work.

- Kyle
thumbnail

Thread Split

ramathulasi kudumula:
Thanks Kyle,

The war file was helpful.

Glad it's working for you. Since your other question stood on it's own and I think it could also help others, I have split it out into another thread so that it is more visible.

- Kyle