Fórumok

connect to database

Toshiro Mifune, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

connect to database

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 238 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.12.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

can you describe to me how to connect todatabase? From where and how ... and if it is possible how to load first data. Thank you very much indeed. !!!
thumbnail
Manikantha Rajamani, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: connect to database

Expert Bejegyzések: 258 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.03.25. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi
Toshiro Mifune,

Decide Which databases you r using.
After deciding the database then write the database configuation details in Portal-ext.properties then restart the server.

Regards
Manikantha R

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 238 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.12.11. Legújabb bejegyzések
I already did ... I wanna use mysql so I wrote this lines below ... in file portal-ext.properties which is located in ...
\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2\tomcat-7.0.42\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes

and that lines I mentioned ...
MySQL

jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&useFastDateParsing=false
jdbc.default.username=
jdbc.default.password=

but what next?
I wanna for now some default database .. I have no idea how to use it
thumbnail

Hi,

Portal-ext.property should be located in parallel to tomcat folder.
I think u r located portal-ext.properties inside the tomcat(\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2\tomcat-7.0.42\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes).

locate the portal-ext.property in \liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2.

define the user name and password for for mysql.

jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
4jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/lportal?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&useFastDateParsing=false
5jdbc.default.username=Username
6jdbc.default.password=*********

After that restart the server.
If u r correctly configured then 201 tables should create in lportal database.

Regards
Manikantha R
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1302 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.06.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Not sure if I understand it correctly...

You have added the database config in portal-ext.properties. Both the locations \liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2. or in \classes are fine to load properties file. After starting Liferay, you would be able to see http://localhost:8080 in browser, where you can configure portal for the first time. At this point you can select to install sample data.

In case you need to use a database for your own table, you should use service builder.

It show me a blank white page when I put that lines into portal-ext properties ... after restarting the server ....

and I dont know how to use a service builder .. I am realy a beginner in this ... so please tell me more ... thanks
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1302 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.06.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
This is a best place for you to look..
https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/user-guide

Go for the version you are using. See user guide, development guide.. all these documents will help you a lot to learn about Liferay.
thumbnail

Hi
Toshiro Mifune,

forget about database.
first configure the Liferay portal in eclipse and start the server.
After server as been started.
type localhost:8080 in browser press enter it as to open the liferay home page.
if it as opening home then u r correcty configured the liferay.

Regards
Manikantha R

I have already run my welcome page in liferay and I start to created some theme and basic portlet ... what I need to know now is how to use a database and load first data ...
thumbnail

https://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.2/development/-/ai/generating-your-service-layer-liferay-portal-6-2-dev-guide-04--1