Fórumok

Make Directory Portlet show Addresses and phone numbers to all users

thumbnail
Michael A Ikhane, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Make Directory Portlet show Addresses and phone numbers to all users

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 37 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.05.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

Thanks for all your support.

I want all users in my organization to view a users details, including Address, and phone numbers.

Currently, only "organization administrators" can see all the user's info.

THanks
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

RE: Make Directory Portlet show Addresses and phone numbers to all users

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1744 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.11.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

Login as admin. Go to control panel. Click on roles. You will see role "User" and at the right end there will be Actions tab. Click on it and click "define permission". Click on the "Add Portlet Permission". Select Directory portlet from listing. In the category directory select dropdown besides "view" and select "Enterprise". Below theres another category of "User" . Select "Enterprise" for view action of that as well. Click on save.

Now login as normal user. You would be able to see users details. Similarly you can do for organization and others.

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
Michael A Ikhane, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 37 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.05.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for you prompt response. I am using v5.2.3, I followed all your steps, I didnt see the 'Enterprise' option but i only saw 'Portal' and 'Communities' options. SO I selected Portal, and the directory portlet still does not show address and phone numbers.

Cheers
Michael
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1744 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.11.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Michael,

I just saw the code. I was under the impression the code is same is Liferay 5.1.2 but its not. So this is liferay 5.2.3 emoticon

Now to see the magic, as an admin or login as that user and change your website address or phone number. Like enter some value in those.

Then go to directory and see that users information. MAGIC.

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
Michael A Ikhane, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Hi Sandeep,

Its been a while. Please I need your help again.

I have s test setup of a LR 6.2 GA2 CE setup. Power users can't view the details of a users listed on the Portal Directory Portlet.

Secondly, How can I make the the site member directory show results, currently it is empty even though the site has members.

Thanks