Fórumok

Liferay portal allows access to non-registered users

JackB Nimble, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay portal allows access to non-registered users

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.01.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

I'm using Liferay version 5.23. It seems there's a problem with pages being accessed by non-registered users via standard internet search. The documentation doesn't seem to mention anything about restricting pages. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Jesse Rao, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay portal allows access to non-registered users

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 58 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.07.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Jack,

Every Liferay site (community in Liferay 5.2) has both a public page set and a private page set. If you add pages to the private page set of a community, they won't be accessible to guest users (users who have not logged in).
JackB Nimble, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2015.01.22. Legújabb bejegyzések
Jesse Rao:
Hi Jack,

Every Liferay site (community in Liferay 5.2) has both a public page set and a private page set. If you add pages to the private page set of a community, they won't be accessible to guest users (users who have not logged in).

That's a huge help, Jess. I don't know if I should start another post for this, but - how does one move pages from the public set to the private set?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Jesse Rao, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 58 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.07.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that Liferay doesn't support that operation. Here's a thread (with links to older threads) discussing the same issue: https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/32665416
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Correct, moving a page from the public to the private page set is not supported on the UI - you'll have to re-create them (but you can use the API to do this in bulk).

Another option that you have is to just manipulate the permissions for the pages - the visibility for everybody is just a default. You can remove "View" permission for "Guest" from all of your pages. This will also leave the URLs stable, otherwise all the "/web/*" would change to "/group/*". This might be hard if you're linking to other pages.

Also, if you're concerned about data protection, keep in mind that 5.2.3 didn't get any update for more than 5 years now and it's definitely time to upgrade.