Fórumok

Web Content and guest image permissions (CE 6.2.2 GA3)

Andrew Holton, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Web Content and guest image permissions (CE 6.2.2 GA3)

New Member Bejegyzések: 6 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.12.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi All,

We are building up a new portal using 6.2.2 GA3 (CE) and have hit a wall in regards to images in web content when not signed in.

Have added images to the document library directly and using the upload feature in web content editor, and confirmed that Guest "View" is ticked, however images just refuse to display in the articles unless we are signed in. Inspecting the url of the image and attempting to go to that address takes us to the sign in page.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with the latest release? We've never had this kind of issue with previous versions, and I'm hoping it's not a bug with GA3 - and instead some simple configuration we've missed.

Cheers for any help.

RE: Web Content and guest image permissions (CE 6.2.2 GA3)

so... my own findings to add to this...

I found that after adding the Document and Media Display portlet to another page that all of a sudden the images would display to Guest users fine. Confirmed this behaviour on another instance. Haven't had time to dig out the source yet, but wondering if there is some kind of extra permission writing that isn't applied until this portlet is run?

Still interested to hear if anyone else has noticed this before submitting a bug.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Web Content and guest image permissions (CE 6.2.2 GA3) (Válasz)

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Andrew,

unfortunately, it's a known bug: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-44724

You can take a look at source changes to see how it was solved.

Nice one, thanks Juan!
thumbnail
Ivano Carrara, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Expert Bejegyzések: 345 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2005.07.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
Juan Gonzalez:
Hi Andrew,

unfortunately, it's a known bug: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-44724

You can take a look at source changes to see how it was solved.

Dear Juan, please could you address me to get a compiled version including the LPS-44724 fix ?

I have just upgraded to 6.2.2 GA3 but we can't imagine that Liferay released a GA distribution with a so big issue where for Guest users it is impossible to get the images with "Guest" permissions - all our public pages are corrupted and without images.

So I'm in the middle of a big problem...

Please, could you help me ?

Thank you in advance,
Ivano C.
Ruediger Ray Niemeier, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.04.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

had the same problem here. After upgrading from 6.2.1 to 6.2.2 only logged in users could see images.

Your solution worked for me:
Just add Document and Media Portlet and Document and Media Display Portlet to one page and remove it again.

No everything works fine.

The problem did not occure on my staging system, although that is a VMWare clone of production. Very weird.

BTW: Do not forget to reindex all search indexes (Control Panel - Configuration - Server Administration) or AssetPublisher might not show any content at all!

This did not help to show the images:
delete tomcat work dir
Clear content cached by this VM.
Clear content cached across the cluster.
Clear the database cache.
Clean Up Permissions
Paweł Kania, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzés: 1 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.02.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Ivano Carrara:

I have just upgraded to 6.2.2 GA3 but we can't imagine that Liferay released a GA distribution with a so big issue where for Guest users it is impossible to get the images with "Guest" permissions - all our public pages are corrupted and without images.

Go to Documents and Media -> Home -> Permissions and cklick Save button (make sure guest users have permission for viewing).

Mellékletek: