Fórumok

How to disable the maximizing feature for all portlets

xun ren, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

How to disable the maximizing feature for all portlets

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 81 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi all,
I want to stop all of my portlets from maximizing. How can I do this easily? Maybe in some configuration files? But I have not found that.

As you know, when we try to send a render request, by default, the portlet will go to the maximized state. How can I disable this for all portlets ?

Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Nidhi Singh, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

RE: How to disable the maximizing feature for all portlets

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 155 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.10.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
xun ren:
Hi all,
I want to stop all of my portlets from maximizing. How can I do this easily? Maybe in some configuration files? But I have not found that.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

You can change portlet.vm file(theme\templates). There you can remove $theme.iconMaximize() for removing maximize icons for all portlets.

Nidhi Singh
thumbnail
Massimiliano Assante, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 53 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
How about enabling the help icon? $theme.iconHelp() doesn't seem to work to me. any suggestion?
thumbnail
Nidhi Singh, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 155 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.10.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

$theme.iconHelp() is used to enable help icon in all portlet.

you can check that you are modifying same theme or not.

Thanks
Nidhi Singh
thumbnail
Massimiliano Assante, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 53 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Nidhi

yeh I checked I'm modifying the right theme, that was my first thought, tried to remove the $theme.iconMaximize() and after deploy the change has been effectively reflected into all portlet frames. Not if I add in the same portlet.vm $theme.iconHelp()
#else
$theme.iconOptions()
$theme.iconMinimize()
$theme.iconHelp() <-- it seems to ignore it
$theme.iconClose()
#end

any other idea? (I'm using Liferay Portal 5.2.3, bundled with tomcat 5.5)
xun ren, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 81 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.04.01. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks for your suggestion. But if I just remove the icon from the portlet. I will just disable the maximizing feature when we try to maximize it manually.

In fact, I want to disable it "all the time" which means even when we send a request to the server, it should not change the "window state". Because, by default, when we send a render request, it will try to make it maximized. Of course, we can change it in the jsp pages to disable it for a specific portlet. But what if I want to disable this feature for all of the portlets globally? Any idea?

Thanks!
thumbnail
sham cs, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 82 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.03.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
any idea about the solution..??

from now i just can see to make it possible you need to configure $tomcat/webapps/ROOT/html/portlet

chose any portlet u want to disable the maximize...change the code

portletURL.setWindowState(WindowState.MAXIMIZED);

but i never try it...coz i dont know what to change with WindowState property...lol..

-correct me if im wrong-
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 60 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.12.03. Legújabb bejegyzések
In portlet.xml for a given portlet you should be able to limit the supported window-states in the supports-element:

<portlet... ... <supports>
        <window-state>normal</window-state>
        <window-state>minimized</window-state>
</portlet...>

As long as you leave out maximized it should disable that mode.