Fórumok

Redirect to /c/portal/touch_protected when JAAS is enabled not working

Ramy Georgy, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

Redirect to /c/portal/touch_protected when JAAS is enabled not working

New Member Bejegyzések: 10 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.08.18. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

We have JAAS enabled for integration with a local application (i.e. running on the same server as Liferay portal). We also have a 3rd party SSO server to integrate multiple separate sites. (Note: we are using Liferay portal 5.2.3 and Tomcat 6.0.18)

With JAAS enabled, I noticed the following behavior:
- Start at Liferay portal, click sign in
- Our SSO implementation redirects to an external SSO login page
- Upon return from the SSO login page, the browser is redirected to <server>/c/portal/touch_protected and just sits there (blank page)
- If I visit any portal page, then manually point my browser back to <server>/c/portal/touch_protected again, this time it correctly shows the "Processing Login" screen, which in turn redirects back to the portal.

I realize that the AutoLoginFilter is specifically redirecting to that path when JAAS is enabled.

I was wondering if someone had more information on the purpose of touch_protected, which is mapped to touch_protected.jsp in struts-config.xml. From what I can tell, it almost seems like the struts mapping doesn't get handled when I first come back from the SSO login page.

There is also something strange about touch_protected.jsp. It has the javascript code to show the progress bar for "Processing Login", but at the same time it has an onload on the body tag which attempts to set location.href to "/c/portal/protected", which also shows a progress bar for "Processing Login".

So does anyone have a guess on why touch_protected is there? And why it doesn't appear to work correctly upon return from an external page?

Thanks!
Expedito Júnior, módosítva 12 év-val korábban

RE: Redirect to /c/portal/touch_protected when JAAS is enabled not working

New Member Bejegyzések: 2 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2011.08.12. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi!!

I'm facing the same problem as you! Did you find a solution?

Thanks!

Expedito.
thumbnail
Alba Garcia, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 18 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2012.09.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi!

I'm facing a similar problem. We needed to sync Thunderbird calendars through Liferay calendar. So we enabled jaas in Tomcat to delegate authentication on JAAS:

This is my jaas.config:
PortalRealm {
        com.liferay.portal.kernel.security.jaas.PortalLoginModule required
        debug=true;
};

This is my ROOT.xml

<context path="" crosscontext="true">

<!-- JAAS -->

<realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm" appName="PortalRealm" userClassNames="com.liferay.portal.kernel.security.jaas.PortalPrincipal" roleClassNames="com.liferay.portal.kernel.security.jaas.PortalRole" />

<!--
        Uncomment the following to disable persistent sessions across reboots.
        -->

<!--<Manager pathname="" />-->

<!--
        Uncomment the following to not use sessions. See the property
        "session.disabled" in portal.properties.
        -->

<!--<Manager className="com.liferay.support.tomcat.session.SessionLessManagerBase" />-->
</context>

Now the logins flow is:
  • Users sign in Liferay.
  • Users are redirected to the CAS login page for autentication.
  • Liferay redirects to .
  • Liferay redirects to a page with a Login portlet that tells the user that is signed

My problem is that before configuring jaas for Liferay's authentication users were redirected to the welcome page and I'd like to maintain this functuionality.

What options exits instead of using com.liferay.portal.kernel.security.jaas.PortalLoginModule class?

Does anybody faced a similar issue?

Thanks!!!
Jenny Chen, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

New Member Bejegyzések: 8 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.09.20. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Alba,

The testing results may differ depending on the version of Liferay you are currently on.

Please see the following tickets:
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-39729
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-39827

Are you able to confirm if you see the same behavior on a Liferay 6.2 environment? The original poster who's on Liferay 6.0 may still experience the issue.

Thanks,
Jenny