Fórumok

Google Chartlet

thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Google Chartlet

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1744 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.11.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi,

Sorry if i am posting it in wrong category.

I am pleased to announce that i have created a google chart portlet using charts4j api.

This portlet has some reports to show users, org and community distribution, users in organizations, asset distribution and some static sample demo charts that are there in charts4j website.

You can download the plugin from Community Plugins section or from sourceforge

More information can be found from my blog.

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

RE: Google Chartlet

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1261 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
Wow, Sandeep: this is amazing. Nice contribution
Thanks a lot! emoticon
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1744 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.11.06. Legújabb bejegyzések
Thanks Juan,

Well I need suggestions for improvement, so any suggestions,improvement and criticisms are most welcome.

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1261 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.02. Legújabb bejegyzések
This would be GREAT for the control panel: a reports tab where we can see all this information. I'll study your portlet to propose improvements.
Let's see what the community think about this
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 1668 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.07.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Sandeep,

it is really nice!! It works in liferay 6 too emoticon congratulations!

I have some suggestions for improvements:
  • The configuration options should be in the configuration of the portlet (more info here)
  • The name might be confusing as people may think this portlet is for building google charts but it only allows you to create charts based on your liferay data. This one could be something like "Portal Reports Charts" (for example) and it would be very nice to have a Google Charts portlet to allow the user to show any kind of chart.

Cheers!
thumbnail
Nidhi Singh, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 155 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.10.07. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Sandeep,

it's really nice portlet

Thanks
Nidhi Singh
thumbnail

Thanks everyone. You should see my face so pleased!!!.

Julio thanks very much for the suggestion.

# The configuration options should be in the configuration of the portlet (more info here)

Regarding the Configuration, i first set it in preferences like creating a edit mode, but then it turned out that if a user clicks on preferences and visits the page from somewhere else, it still shows preference page instead of view page.

Then i tried doing it via Configuration as you said, but i faced a problem. Like as you have seen there are 2 step process to set up a report, where i basically save the preference like report type and chart type using preference.store()

And i was setting up the configuration button in portlet itself to save Report name, width and height. But when i do that sometimes it happened that charttype preference value seems to get lost.

So i had to keep that in settings.

The name might be confusing as people may think this portlet is for building google charts but it only allows you to create charts based on your liferay data. This one could be something like "Portal Reports Charts" (for example) and it would be very nice to have a Google Charts portlet to allow the user to show any kind of chart.

Actually my idea in starting was to just see how i can show google charts in one of the portlet, but as it went out i used liferay data to generate some sample reports.

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
zaheer mohammed saddapalli, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 165 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.01.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Sandeep,

Excellent contribution .....
thumbnail
zaheer mohammed saddapalli, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 165 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.01.15. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Sandeep,

Is this charts Domain Specific?

What if i have 3 portal instances running in a single instance of LiferaY?

Regards,
Saddapalli Mohammed Zaheer
thumbnail

Hi,

Its not domain specific right now. Like all the users in the system would be displayed in chart.

Regards,
Sandeep.
thumbnail
Pranay R Patadiya, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 177 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.02.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Sandeep,

Its really wonderful job and it is very helpful for report generation.

Really great job.

Regards,
Pranay Patadiya
thumbnail

Hi everyone,

Google chartlet for liferay 6.0.3 support is available in community plugins page.

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, módosítva 11 év-val korábban

Hi all,

Just updated this portlet to support Liferay 6.1. Same is available for download at community plugin download page or sourceforge.

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
Vishnudas D. Lokhande, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 152 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
pi chart ...When i am incresing height and width ....the complete image is not fitting in portlet...names for slices are out of border...
thumbnail
Vishnudas D. Lokhande, módosítva 10 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 152 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2013.05.27. Legújabb bejegyzések
and one thing i want to show percentage on the slices itself...pie chart..
thumbnail
Dhandapani S, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 176 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.03.24. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your contribution to community. Keep Rock.......

Regards

Dhandapani S