Fórumok

Liferay clustering

Kapil Burange, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

Liferay clustering

New Member Bejegyzések: 4 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2014.09.04. Legújabb bejegyzések
I am going with horizontal clustering. Below are the steps that I have followed for clustering.

1. I have installed Liferay CE 6.2 on two machines.
2. I have set up Apache HTTP server in front of Liferay cluster.
3. Both liferay tomcat instances are pointing to the same database.
4. If both of my tomcat instances are running and I enter valid user credentials, it is again redirecting me to the login page.
5. When one of my tomcat is in stopped state and only one is running, it allows me to login with the same user credentials and takes me to the home page of logged in user.

I want to know, does clustering is supported in liferay 6.2 community edition ? If yes, please provide me the configuration that I need to do.

Regards,
Kapil
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay clustering

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 3089 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.10.28. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Kapil,

for using the right configuration of all actors involved in clustering, please read this:

https://dev.liferay.com/discover/deployment/-/knowledge_base/6-2/liferay-clustering

Additionally, seems your are accessing to different nodes each time and, as session is not being replicated, you have to login again. For this you have two possibilities:

• Enable session replication (You have to read your webapp server documentation)
  • Enable sticky sessions (you have to read how to configure it from your load balancer)

Hope it helps...
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, módosítva 9 év-val korábban

RE: Liferay clustering

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 6403 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.09.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Juan Gonzalez:
  • Enable session replication (You have to read your webapp server documentation)
  • Enable sticky sessions (you have to read how to configure it from your load balancer)

Of these, go with sticky sessions. They're the best solution for the vast majority of installations. Session replication typically comes with additional surprises and doesn't fully solve the problems that you expect it to solve (e.g. you'll have significant overhead, limiting the performance of your cluster)