Fórumok

[RESOLVED] Corporate page + Personal page?

Philippe GABERT, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

[RESOLVED] Corporate page + Personal page?

New Member Bejegyzések: 17 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.05.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hello all,

I have a question about Liferay "configuration". (I have Liferay 5.2.3)

I would like to know whether it is possible to do that, and if so, how.

- I would like to have the main page (the first page the users see when they arrive), with Corporate info. (Latest news, etc.)

- Next to that page (which users can't edit), I would like to create a basic page (a page that I'll pre-build) for them, that they could edit. That would be their own page, and they can add and organize portlets.
A user will have access only to his own page.

Such a situation is possible?
If yes, how can I do that?

Thanks !

Philippe
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

RE: Corporate page + Personal page?

Liferay Legend Bejegyzések: 2034 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.03.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
Allow the creation of User pages but set the default page to be the corporate page on log in.

Thanks for your answer.
That's actually what I've done, but I don't know how to "pre-build" the page for the users.

And I have problems to set the template. The template I use for the corporate page is not set for the user pages... I set the default template to use, but I get this error:

No theme found for default theme id wintersky. Returning a random theme.

Euh... ok, but... I have a theme with this id.
(I saw in the file liferay-look-and-feel.xml that line:
<theme id="wintersky" name="Winter Sky">

So... It should be ok, but it's not.

any idea?

thanks !
thumbnail
Dennis Greiffenberg, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 222 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.04.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Philippe,

Philippe GABERT:

That's actually what I've done, but I don't know how to "pre-build" the page for the users.

I have set up the entire pages using a sample user and exporting the content of that sample user to a "Liferay Archive" (aka LAR-File). This file is then configured in the portal-ext.properties as template using the following syntax:

#
# Specify a LAR file that can be used to create the user private layouts. If
# this property is set, the previous layout properties will be ignored.
#
default.user.private.layouts.lar=${liferay.home}/deploy/default_user_private.lar

Private user pages have to be enabled to use these settings.

Philippe GABERT:

And I have problems to set the template.

You probably mean you're having difficulties configuring the default theme (instead of defalt template), right? At least that's what I presume following the end of your thread.
For me the following line (again in portal-ext.properties) did the trick:

#
# Set the regular theme id for the private layout.
#
default.user.private.layout.regular.theme.id=wintersky_WAR_wintersky-theme

In addition to that I'm facing another problem, as I basically want to achieve the same thing as you: A startpage per user that is pre-defined by the portal owner, which the user is allowed to configure as he likes. A bunch of other pages that are not editable by "normal" users.

What I've figured out so far: You can build the startpage as described above as well as additional pages, that all "link" to another community.

Example:
Page 1 -> http://localhost/user/sample-user/home
Page 2 -> http://localhost/group/acme/page1
Page 3 -> http://localhost/group/acme/page2

The drawback of this is, whenever a user klicks on "Page 2" or "Page 3" he / she changes the scope (i.e. the community) and his / her startpage disappears from the toplevel navigation, so that probably needs to be hardcoded in the navigation.vm, but I don't know how to replace that with the appropriate user-variable, so that's it is always valid for any given user, see my prob?

I'm sure this is easy to fix for those of you who have put your noses in the code already, so any hint is greatly appreciated emoticon

cheers,
Dennis

Dennis,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, the .lar file didn't work. :-(

About your question: That's what I've done to add a link to the user personnal page:

<a href="$user.getGroup().getPathFriendlyURL(true,$themeDisplay)$user.getGroup().getFriendlyURL()">
				<span>My page</span>
				</a>

I don't know if it could be improved, but at least, it links to the user personnal page.

Ouchhhhhhh,

I am sorry... It worked ! (I mean, the lar file)...
But just for new users...

So it has to be done before new users register.

Thanks !
thumbnail
Dennis Greiffenberg, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 222 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2007.04.30. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Philippe,

yes, I forgot to say that this is only applicable for new users (unfortunately).
I'm glad it's working now :-)

/Dennis.
thumbnail
Bijan Vakili, módosítva 13 év-val korábban

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 38 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2010.04.05. Legújabb bejegyzések
Philippe GABERT:
Ouchhhhhhh,

I am sorry... It worked ! (I mean, the lar file)...
But just for new users...

So it has to be done before new users register.

Thanks !

Philippe,

Will you please prepend "[RESOLVED] " to Subject of the thread per forum etiquette?

Thanks.